Need help installing the 2605dn printer which looks like the 2600/2600n

ScentsandMore

I purchased the 2605dn printer, which looks like the 2600/2600n. Those of you that have the 2600(n) printer, I am in need of some installation help.

First, I got to step 8 and it says to set default language, region and paper size. I cannot find the region to set it. Any ideas what it might me listed under?

Second, I went on with the installation and was installing the software and got to the point to contact the USB cable. I got an error message that something was wrong (don’t remember the exact wording), but it never told me what was wrong. Any ideas what I could have done wrong connecting the USB cable?

Thanks for any recommendations.

I now have my new printer up and running. Only one problem. In the process of setting it up, it told me to change my resolution. Well now the screen is so big that I cannot see the X in the top right corner or the up/down scroll arrows. Curious if those of you that have the HP 2600 printer if it told you that you needed to set your resolution higher, if you did and if you had the same problem with the scroll arrows and the X not showing up. If so, is there a way to get around having the higher resolution?

I have NEVER heard of a printer installation calling for you to change your screen resolution, that's just bizarre. Are you sure they weren't referring to the print resolution??

(However, this is coming from someone who actually bought the 2605dn, had nothing but &$^@(#&^!! problems installing it, then it still wouldn't print with my software, so I took it back and got another trusty Minolta! Hate HP!)