Got my feet wet with my first show....

k0mptec

I did a small Fall Fastival at the Kindergarden on Thursday, it was a 2 hour event. I made 4x my booth fee so I was pretty stoked and felt it was good for my first time... There really were not alot of attendees either and I was the only vendor with handmade stuff. I also got a pretty big candle order the next morning!!! I handed out fliers with my contact info on it to everyone who walked by so I hope to get more calls! Here are pics!

PictureorVideo079MediumWebview.jpg

PictureorVideo080MediumWebview.jpg

PictureorVideo081MediumWebview.jpg

I welcome constructive critism or ideas on improvement!

ETA: I forgot the labels I had made for the tart buckets so I had to had write the ones you see... I hated doing that because it really clashed!

I really like your display. What do you use for risers for your candles?

I have been thinking about those containers for melts but wasn't sure how it would look. Really doesn't look too bad.

I actually had my FIL build them, it didnt take too long either, I covered them in the pumpkin fabric... I will switch up acording to seasons!

The gladware containers were a cheap way to go and I like them too, they have the 5 on the bottom so I just store them with the lids on top!

The best thing about the risers is that they cost NADA!! My MIL does woodcrafts and we used wood scraps they had laying about! We built them like you would build steps.... I love the risers too! Thank you for all your compliments!

That looks REALLY nice, especially for your first time. I'm glad you did well, and the best part is your first show is over and now on to the next. ;)

How did your tarts sell? Did you let people mix and match and pick their own? I'm just curious, cuz I have never sold tarts yet, but I was thinking of displaying them similarly and letting people get their own out with tongs or whatever.

I stopped selling individual tarts and firestarters because I would get people that wanted to buy just one. I would get so frustrated. I also used to sell potpourri by the scoop and customers would want to buy just a half a scoop. I just stopped it because making 50 cents here and there wasn't worth it to me. It really got ridiculously stupid and now I package everything and I do alot better at making money.

Kandle, The baby was an avatar I found and thought was cute, he def. reminds me of mine who is now 8 months, it seems like just yesterday I had him and now he is trying to walk...sigh

Heaven, I didn't have anyone ask about buying one, they all mixed and matched till they had 3 or 5! That would frustrating to sell a tart at a time!