This is funny!

My husband was at Walmart and over heard two ladies talking about making candles, he started chatting with them and said my wife makes them and he asked what they used to melt there wax and the lady said a COFFEE POT one of those large entertaining ones, and she said its cheaper and works great!!

So has anyone ever tried that one:confused: :yay:

The only thing I was concerned about was the temperature control.

Never tried it, but I think the brew setting is too hot as it has to get hot enough to boil water and the keep warm might be ok, but maybe not hot enough to actually melt and get hot enough? My mom has a big one and those are the only 2 settings on it, but maybe some have more settings? It would be nice because they are not teflon lined and they already have a spout.

I had one lady that had a collection of coffee pots and presto pots and she was trying to sell them to me. I thought the coffee pots were interesting, but I didn't buy any of them. She said they worked she even used the part where you pour out the coffee to pour out the wax. I wonder what the temp. is on those.