What should I do?

Here are some pictures of a test candle that I made on 10/22. didn't have time to burn and watch it properly until today.

Wax - Peaks gb 444

wick - htp 41 from Peaks

f/o - 1 oz peaks white tea and ginger

jar - 9oz balmoral

add. - vybar 260

dye - (chip) maple added @ 180 deg.

poured @ 144.1

These are the problems that I have encountered:

1) frosting around the bottom of the candle.

5958471_00000_thumb.jpg

2) small holes and air pockets around the wick. This is the best pic. that I could get.

5958472_00000_thumb.jpg

3) first hr of burning this is the biggest the burn pool had gotten. Couldn't find measuring stick to measure how deep it was.

5959879_00000_thumb.jpg

4) after burning for 4hrs. The burn pool did get a little wider and got just got deeper.

5959882_00000_thumb.jpg 5959883_00000_thumb.jpg

I followed Peaks instructions for processing because I got the wax, wicks and f/o from them. I see that everyone has different processing techniques for thier supplies. Could someone give advice please.

Tasha

I also use the gb444 from Peak and have had the same problems with the tops of my candles. I read in the threads about using coconut oil and that has helped. As for the mp I use RRD37 wicks in a 9oz hex jar and it works fine.

I don't use 444, so can't help you with the frosting issue, but your wick is too small for that container. If you want to stick with HTP, I would try an 83 to start out, I think that was the size I used in those jars (isn't the diam between 2 - 2 1/2"?)

Thanks. I thought the wick looked kind of small. For whatever reason I remember this being the suggested size. Maybe I read it wrong :embarasse . I am going to put this on the warmer and re-wick with an 83. I have another to test that I used an ECO-4 in that I'm going to light right now. I'll Post about that one later.

Tasha

• 5 months later...