Dipped Pine Cones

Wick'n'Wax

I did them last year and want to do some more this yr. I just melted astor V, scented it with cinnamon and let it get to an almost slushy stage and dip the cones in. About 3 dips is good, let dry in between dips. On some of them I put a little silver glitter. Arranged them in a basket with a few small decorations, red berries and such. Everyone loved them. HTH

I use these as fire-starters. Just tie some wick in there and dip. I wait til the wax starts to set, then dip a few times. (I melt old wax)

Or, you can do like snow says, and add color and cinnimon to your wax and dip a few times. Place them in a basket and they look real nice!

Wick N Wax, you've got to remember that less is more sweetie. Your pine cones have so much wax on them that they are barely recognizable. You want a light coating on them. Give them a dip, lay them on paper towels, another dip or two and you are done. The wax should look like glistening snow.

e

I have over a dozen open pine cones I'm going to dip. May I ask, what is the best material to hang them with? Wire? Homespun? I haven't done these before and I don't want the "hanger" to be overwhelming, but decorative. Thanks for any suggestions. :)

yep, that basket is beautiful, well done.

I tried dipping those 3 times because after 2 dips they weren't even faintly white.

I have some more to do, but they are 'on the list' of things lol. Anyone invent another 48hours in one day ;)

sorry bout this folks but I gotta get my kids off to school and my daughter is refusing to go until she sees this icon :P so there, hopefully I'm off now lol

Is basket arrangements what everyone uses the dipped pinecones for? I don't know why I'm asking...I'll never get around to making any! They are all really nice and I can almost smell them from here.

I made them for firesarters, but they do work for decorations also