Ok.. I'm ready to accept defeat on this batch

Alright, I have been telling myself that everything will be ok but I'm starting to wonder if this batch is lost. It appears that the soap didnt gel all the way through to the edges. We waited 24 hours on this and JUST cut it. It's an oatmeal soap. This photo was taken right after the cut. Anyway this is my 3rd soap and the only thing that I did different was not wrap the mold in towels. I'm using ITSMEJEFF mold and I was told by a few that they don't even have to wrap their soaps so I decided to try.

Ok, I'm ready to accept defeat on this batch. Is this soap ruined?

soap1.jpg

soap2.jpg

Creative you said you don't like gel...So as long as you get your soap to trace..you feel it will go thru the soapification and be fine? I have only make two batches of soap and they didn't gel either...Is that all type of soaps that you don't cover? I know alot of questions...:cheesy2: but I have to start somewhere...

I like the coloring you chose for your soap...Even if they don't turn out like

you want them to, they will be good for you to use...I bet they will turn out wonderful..

Creative you said you don't like gel...So as long as you get your soap to trace..you feel it will go thru the soapification and be fine? I have only make two batches of soap and they didn't gel either...Is that all type of soaps that you don't cover? I know alot of questions...:cheesy2: but I have to start somewhere...

you want them to, they will be good for you to use...I bet they will turn out wonderful..

I'm the same way here =)

I covered and wrapped my first batches of soap. My first ones overheated... causing cracks on the tops. So after that... I decided NOT to wrap and NOT to cover anymore batches. I've gotten good results so far. I guess everyone has their preferences. I just find it's easier for me to get good results without wrapping and covering. No overheating, no cracking tops, no parital gels. And it goes through the soapification process fine!

I do fight ash sometimes (because of not covering)... but I find that spraying the tops with a fine mister with rubbing alcohol helps a bit. And if that don't help... my trusty beveler just cuts the ashy tops right off. :) But sometimes, you gotta learn to embrace the ash! Usually gives cool visual effects!

Beautiful feet.... that's great! No zap! :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

I use fresh goat's milk in all my soaps and personally don't like any of them to gell. I put all my freshly poured soaps in the fridge so they cool faster with no gell. They all get a baking soda bath after a week to get rid of the ash I always get. :cool2: