Soapmaker question

Carrie

I downloaded Soapmaker and entered my standard recipe. It is much softer than when I used Sooz. I had read somewhere, I think, that Soapmaker is set to SF at a higher percentage. Can someone tell me how to set the SF to 5% and the lye at 33%?

The SF is set to 6%. Under the lye box you will see a discount box and you can change it too what you want. All you have to do is delete the 6 and put in a 5. The water discount is right next to it. The water discount box is right next to it, put in 18% to make a 33% solution. I think it is 18%. If not try 17 or 19 % in the box. I love the soapmaker, it's all I use. HTH

Thank you. I'm learning the program as I get time. I had a recipe that I always used and it was rock hard. Then I lowered the coconut 5% and upped the babassu 5% and started using soapmaker. Now, those bars are still soft after 2 months. I can put a dent in them with my finger. They have been stored in my shop between 55-70 degrees for 2 months.

I will try to change the numbers, if it still doesn't look right, I'll email Crawford. Thank you both for your help.

The water discount box is right next to it, put in 18% to make a 33% solution. I think it is 18%. If not try 17 or 19 % in the box. I love the soapmaker, it's all I use. HTH

It's 17.1 to be very precise to get the 33% lye solution. I figured that one out yesterday!!:)

You can download a free 30 trial, it also calculates costs per batch and per bar of soap if you enter the price you pay for your ingredients. You can enter everything (in additives) including bottles, jars, lids and labels to figure costs per unit for lotions, scrubs, whipped butters, balms, etc...too. That is worth the price plus you get a great soap calculator too!