Soy candle in a teacup....

Does anyone make candles in china teacups?

I have a friend with an antique shop who has asked if I could make candles in some of her china cups. Is this possible because of their shape, i.e. one I have right now is 3.5 inch at the top going down to just under 2 inch at the bottom. I have soy/cottonseed, 6006, 4267, 444, and 415 waxes right now and LX, CD, HTP, RRD and more.

Where would you start with a wick on this cup size.....

Thanks

Kathy

Kathy, I thought of doing this then realized that because these are containers with a history of which I am unaware, they could have flaws that could cause them to leak or crack. I have used things like this to make candles for myself and have only had a couple of problems, but I sure was glad they happened to me and not to a customer!!:)

Thanks for the replies.

I must admit I hadnt thought about the fact that they had been used before. Duh! I am not an antique person, its just that she sells my wickless candles there.

I guess that people who make teacup candles buy the cups new....we hope?!?!?

Thanks

Kathy

Even new, the liability is just too great for my comfort. I'm not a nervous nelly & do plenty of refills, but draw the line at glasswear that isn't made & tested for use w/ candles. Plenty of people make these from new/antique teacups or mugs & I've never heard of a problem doing so, but I've seen too many jaw-dropping things people do w/ candles. If you really have your heart set on trying these, I'd get a few teacups & start testing. I'd also seal the inside of the teacup w/ Mod Podge, to at least prevent any possible wax leakage. Keep in mind, you're ultimately responsible for the safety of any product you put your name on.

Susan.

You know what sucks, is that Country Living magazine published an article in their new edition on how to make your own candles using vintage t-cups. :( :( :(

Also Martha Stewart did the same in her magazine recently, showing "how easy" it is to make your own candle in a teacup !!!!! I think thats why I was asked about it.

A friend of mine makes tea cup bird feeders and uses mostly cups from a local thrift store that are not worth much. But once or twice she got hold of a good cup and saucer and I nearly killed her. She drills holes in hers. I told her that while I loved her feeders, those cups would have looked so much better in my china cabinet.