Don't Use Baggies!!!

I know that this has been discussed here before, but I just had to confirm that baggies for storage of wax is a NO-NO!!

I poured 48 1oz melts (lilac) about 3 weeks ago and put them in a zip-lock freezer bag and put them in the closet. Today, I remembered they were there and when I opened the bag, I could barely detect any scent at all!!!

I am still in my testing stage so I guess you can call it a "lesson learned":confused:

Guest Candelishis

What kind of plastic were the baggies? That makes all the difference... If they were just regular old ziploc bags you get at the grocery store, then yeah, they're ruined...

We talk about kinds of plastic to package/store stuff in all the time on here. you might want to search around and see what some of the seasoned pro's have to say about it.

My wife got these for me at the dollar store. They clearly say "Freezer Bags" but are probably cheaply made. Anyway, no more!! I just ordered clamshells for both my votives and melts from Alabaster. I will use the ruined melts for wax in my firestarters!! So I guess it wasn't a total loss........ and it was a valuable lesson. Should have listened to you experts in the first place I guess:smiley2: