Heating Jars

Anyone have any great ways to heat up your jars that you would care to share?

Oven is out of the question in the heat and when I use the microwave to heat them, I always get major wet spots (I'm guessing it's because they are getting too hot at the bottom.) Don't really like to wet them right before use or I would put them in hot water, didn't care for those sputtering wicks when they didn't get quite dried enough!

I usually don't heat my jars unless they are really cold. Then I put them on top of my melter while it is melting my wax. They warm up that way. But I only need to do this if they are sitting out in the cold in storage during fall/winter months. My wax melter is a large 65 pounder.

We have a Roaster Oven in the basement that we can fit 6 jars at a time in, along with our pour pots. If we are heating votive and melt molds, we do run them upstairs to the oven, but we do quite a few of those at a time. We did use the roaster for those also when we make smaller quantities.

According to one melter manufacturer you don't need to pre-heat jars because when using their machine it heats the jars up as you pour.Hmmmmm,wouldn't that do the same thing if we poured into our jars.....after all,it is the same temp. setting as we would use if we used their machine....wouldn't it? Just wondering outloud.

Mike

Thanks Ladies!!

Don't know why but my DH has a cow when I use the heat gun too much...probably thinks I'm dangerous with it! I'm going to try using it to heat my jars, it doesn't heat up my kitchen at all. I've found I have to heat my jars or I get terrible wet spots...I still get some occassionally, but with cool jars they are really bad.