Mutual Non disclosure agreements

Typically, disclosure agreements are only necessary to protect proprietary information. You see them used with employees and perhaps with other businesses that you rely upon to manufacture your products.

It does not seem practical in any way that I can imagine for use with wholesale or retail policies. A retailer would not be privy to how you make your candles, where you buy your supplies, etc.

It seems to me that disclosure would be the best tool for selling more candles!

She posed the scenario that in some business dealings, an organization may mention, for instance, a plan to open a new shop in a new town over 200 miles away , or contemplated products and services, proprietary ideas, production or other things of that nature, to a client that the organization is dealing with. This client takes that information and not only uses it to capitalize on their business but spreads this information to a known competitors. She said that, the client should have abide by the rule of mutual non disclosure. This person who asked the question said she posed it as the "Devil's Advocate" in the business world. I had her review a wholesale contract that I wrote up and that is when she asked about the confidentiality part.