RRD Wicks

Has anyone noticed that RRD wicks burn fabulously on the first, and perhaps the second burn, but on subsequent burns the performance tails off?

in a straight jar, it'll burn a nice full melt pool within 2 burns, but in the remaining burns the pool gets smaller and smaller and sometimes I've had the wick drown out.

I've wicked up, wicked down, power burned, short burned and it always happens. On power burns, for the first 4 or 5 hours or so i get full pool, quarter inch pool depth and fabulous scent throw - and then in hour 6 or 7 the pool starts to set up round the sides and get smaller and smaller, until 3/4s of the way down I may have a very small flame or a drown-out. This even happens if I use an RRD55 in tumbler or jar that's way too small. I get a full pool way to fast and it's very deep as you would expect...but 7 or 8 hours down the line it's acting like it belongs in a jar that size.

Just weird.

Natty, I've tried to wick those status jars (I'm just assuming these are what you're referring to since I saw those on your site), and no matter what wick and/or size I used, the same thing happened to me. I came to the conclusion that as the wax gets low in the jar, there just isn't enough oxygen flow to fuel the fire. So frustrating, I know!