Leveling large quantities of pillar candles...

Right now we use a saw like this:

Ridgid-10-Compound-Miter-Saw_F020D931.jpg

to level the bottoms of our pillar candles. This works great as far as making a very level candle, and it is quick. The major problem is the cleaning of the candle. The cut bits and pieces get stuck to the candle so each candle has to be wiped clean. We're talking a lot of candle and I would love to be able to save a step...

What are some ideas you might have?

Thanks! :yay:

I use a saw also if you keep a scrapper beside the saw and do a quick scrap on the saw in between pillars you have a lot less clean up time on them. No matter what it still fast and more accurate than the leveling on a hot plate or gridle.

My Hubby is getting upset I now have better toys than he does. :)

Guest Candelishis

I had to LOL at this comment, Vicky...Mine's a contractor, so he has lots of cool toys. However, he is still trying to think of an excuse to buy a heat gun of his own...he's fascinated with the damn thing for some reason....:laugh2:

I use a saw also if you keep a scrapper beside the saw and do a quick scrap on the saw in between pillars you have a lot less clean up time on them. No matter what it still fast and more accurate than the leveling on a hot plate or gridle.

Yeah, thank Vicky -- that is pretty much what we do now...

Have you ever thought about a different blade (tooth, etc.) -- what blade do you se now?

Have you ever thought about going with a different kind of saw... say like, a band saw or something?

I would kill for a way to save this step -- or at least make it easier...

The blade I'm running is a 40 tooth... the one that came with the saws... I'm going to go and get the one you have and see the difference... It would make sense that you end up with finer granular and thus easier clean-up... The bigger pieces that my blade produces get squished and hence make a bigger problem...

I'll try anything at this point!

Thanks!!