Facial Cream Soap

maryann

I've been working on this facial cream for months and I mean months (its a wonderful recipe from Bekka). I've had many people test this (including some on here) with good reviews. PLUS I hosted a swap last month and was able to sample others' versions of cream soap.

Cream soap is fun to make, but definately a different challenge than CP. I'm still working on softening this to a creamier version for myself. Most all the testers liked the texture as is. I had some great feedback- one was to have a way to scoop this out of the jar without using your fingers for sanitary reasons so I found this cute spatula that's pictured.

post-119-139458436256_thumb.jpg

This is MY soap. LOL I was one of her testers, and let me tell you... this soap is AMAZING. What it did for my facial complexion is outstanding. It keeps the shine away all day for me. I have VERY sensitive facial skin... I can't grab what's on a shelf at a department store and use it. I'll burn, itch, peel, turn beet red....

But this... OH MY! It's not drying to my skin at all. And it smells HEAVENLY. I've already purchased this TWICE from Maryann after testing it the first time. I made sure to stock up the second time. LOL

Way to go Maryann!! :yay:

Looks fabulous! Maryann, you've been a busy woman. :smiley2:

I had the pleasure of meeting Bekka a few times at the CNY Soaper Gathering. She is so sweet, and very talented. She did a demo a few years back and I saw her make cream soap, I was standing right next to her at the stove. Amazing process! She made up booklets for everyone too, so helpful.

I don't see this these new items on the site yet.

Please PM me so I can do some shopping. I'd love to buy some of these items!

If you go to the top of my home page there's a link to the online craft fair- double click on it and it'll bring you right to these products in my booth.

I'm working on a recipe for carrot facial cream soap and a cucumber facial cream soap. I make a cucumber facial bar right now that I've used for almost a year. I used it faithfully for months. One day it dawned on me that the bumps that were on my forehead (like acne- not red or blackheads-more just bumps were gone). I stopped using it for a few weeks and they came back, so I started using my bar again and they are disappearing. So it got my thinking of trying to make the equivalent in cream soap. The nice thing about cream soaps are you can add goodies after the cook and the lye won't destroy the goodness. Then I had a very smart lady advise to save the goodies for products that you don't wash off- which lead to me studying and testing serums and night creams now. The addictions just keep coming.

If you go to the top of my home page there's a link to the online craft fair- double click on it and it'll bring you right to these products in my booth.

I'm working on a recipe for carrot facial cream soap and a cucumber facial cream soap. I make a cucumber facial bar right now that I've used for almost a year. I used it faithfully for months. One day it dawned on me that the bumps that were on my forehead (like acne- not red or blackheads-more just bumps were gone). I stopped using it for a few weeks and they came back, so I started using my bar again and they are disappearing. So it got my thinking of trying to make the equivalent in cream soap. The nice thing about cream soaps are you can add goodies after the cook and the lye won't destroy the goodness. Then I had a very smart lady advise to save the goodies for products that you don't wash off- which lead to me studying and testing serums and night creams now. The addictions just keep coming.

I've placed my order, no hurry on shipping~ I won't be here for at least a week.

So, take care of the important customers first! Hope you make a mint.

I am working on a killer facial serum, I'll send you some if and when I ever get finalized. I've been formulating this for almost two years! I am a hard-core Lancome, La Prairie and Clinique shopper. This will be even better. :)

This is MY soap. LOL I was one of her testers, and let me tell you... this soap is AMAZING. What it did for my facial complexion is outstanding. It keeps the shine away all day for me. I have VERY sensitive facial skin... I can't grab what's on a shelf at a department store and use it. I'll burn, itch, peel, turn beet red....

Do you have oily skin?

Oh crap, I ordered this thinking it was for dry. I have extremely dry skin.

I have combination skin. Oily in the T-Zone... dry under eyes and cheek area. But it differs from season to season. Winter is a killer for me... it's when I get the driest... even in the T-Zone. I was the perfect canidate to test this... because of my finicky, sensitive, combo skin. IMO... this is the perfect cleanser for either dry, oily, or sensitive skin.

Don't worry... I think you will like her facial cream soap... it's very gentle. And the smell will remind you of orange blossoms in bloom. :)

Wow, I want to try some of that! I have odd skin that clogs easily, yet flakes too. I've never used cream soap before, this has really piqued my interest. If I wanted a little scrubbiness, could I add a little scrubby stuff to a scoop of cream soap right before I use it?

Wow, I want to try some of that! I have odd skin that clogs easily, yet flakes too. I've never used cream soap before, this has really piqued my interest. If I wanted a little scrubbiness, could I add a little scrubby stuff to a scoop of cream soap right before I use it?

Yep. I did this with one of my jars I purchased... (I purchased two... or was it three?) I added a bit of jojoba beads. Felt even MORE amazing. :)

Maryann's facial cream soap rocks.

I swear we must be sisters separated at birth. My facial skin does the same thing.... (did I mention that I get breakouts that come from nowhere?) If you happen to get some, let me know how it works for you!!

MaryAnn ships fast as lightning. :)

My box has been here since Monday, I had my tenant on strict order to grab any package that came in while I wasn't home. Now, it is STILL sitting upstairs in his apt. I really wanted to try this soap I ordered, plus her pumpkin masque. I'll report back once I get to break into it.

It's the banner at the top of the main page of her site that links to the online craft fair :) The facial cream soap is at the craft fair page, not on her website itself at the moment. Just checked, it's still there.

(Looks like you're getting a good amount of orders, Maryann!)

It's the banner at the top of the main page of her site that links to the online craft fair :) The facial cream soap is at the craft fair page, not on her website itself at the moment. Just checked, it's still there.

(Looks like you're getting a good amount of orders, Maryann!)

Yep but on MY computer it is not there...and no sign that it even should be there and is just missing. Trust me..it says click on the box below and there is NO box..I have tried going to the site about 6-7 times thinking it just might magically appear and it doesn't. I have rebooted my computer thinking it was just a glitch. I realize it is probably there for others...but on mine it isn't.

Yep but on MY computer it is not there...and no sign that it even should be there and is just missing. Trust me..it says click on the box below and there is NO box..I have tried going to the site about 6-7 times thinking it just might magically appear and it doesn't. I have rebooted my computer thinking it was just a glitch. I realize it is probably there for others...but on mine it isn't.

There is no more cream soap on the craft sale that I can see:

http://www.ezcraftshow.com/shoppe/default.asp?sid=FortheLuvofJAM

For some reason, that box isn't visible to everyone, I had to go on my other computer to see it and order. No worries, I'll throw a sample from my jar into your box.

Holy Macaroni~ I finally got my stuff from hostage! :laugh2:

This cream soap smells D-I-V-I-N-E! Very calming, yet fresh.

I can't wait to use it tonight. The pumpkin masque is the cutest concept I've seen a long time Maryann, I have to tell you. This double jar is the shiznit~ and the little "tool" kit is awesome.

And thank you for the other goodies, you are so sweet!