Gorgeous votives

bells4shells

I tried my hand at a scent combination as well as more than one color votives. I'm posting my results. As for the 'brown' on the bottom, I was looking for a more chocolate color, but LOVE how this turned out. I don't know if I could duplicate it again as I was adding bits of color and still wasn't too happy letting it cool when I thought it would turn out too red. In any case, here they be!

The first is a closeup of the pattern and color and the other is my little batch I made.

1721272153_9b201bde87.jpg?v=0

1722120866_6735c1efb1.jpg?v=0

Wow you're quick! :) I don't mind sharing at all!

I got these at Candlewic. They've been the cheapest I've found yet to get square votives (trying to with square theme in my candle products). :) What I love about these molds is that there is hardly any cleanup! I've used the 15 hour votive molds before and they're such a pain as I get rust spots even if I feel I've dried them well!

They really are pretty. I have been using my square votive molds from Candlewic for years. They were a hit right off the bat. I did them two tone with a little embed on top and sold them for $2.50. I have found square votive glass holders in various stores. Even at a Giant grocery store.

I like the palm wax. Donita

i really like those. were they hard to wick?

A little! I need to get wicks with more heat resistant coating on them. I put the wicks in a little earlier than I probably should have and they started bending! I had to stay there and keep them as straight as possible. So either wait a little longer before I put them in, or different wicks. :)