Golden Brands Wax ?

I haven't been on here in a while and I wanted to say hello. I was wondering what you think of the Golden Brand waxes. I have never used it and I'm thinking about trying it because it is closer to me than the wax I use. Any opinions on this wax would be appreciated. thanks

My opinon would be...unless it is alot cheaper...I would stick to what you have if you are satisfied with it...I use GB 415..while it is a good wax..there are alot of issues with it...I have found I go thru alot of samplers trying to find FO's that really throw well in it..but when I do get one that does,,it does really well..But that is just my opinon..There may be others with alot more experiance than I, that would advise you different..

If you will read on this board about growing wax...I am having some trouble with my wax growing 3 to 4 wks. after making and storing with it almost covering my wicks..I am not trying to scare you off of GB, but I wanted to give you my honest opinon, on what has been going on with me...

That post about wax growing..Is in the Vegetable wax section..

Wow! thank you! I've never heard of growing wax before. I'm so glad I asked about it before I bought it. I have enough problems with the wax I know. I don't think I want to use a wax like that. I guess I'll just keep looking. I'm actually trying to find a wax that is very very close to the J223 because the price has gone up so high and by the time I pay shipping it's costing me about 100.00 a case. Not much profit in that.

Guest Candelishis

Ditto on what Kristi said. I use 464 for both my containers and my tarts (in clamshells) and have never had a problem at all.

• 1 month later...

I know this is an older post, but I just wanted to give another positive vote for Golden Brands. I've been using 444 for some time now for containers with excellent cold and hot throw. No issues what so ever. I've just started using it for tarts. and I'm hoping for the same results.

I just ordered a 10lb. bag of 444..I hope it is good to me! LOL! I also bought 10lbs. of feathering palm wax and ecsoya advanced..am testing to see if they will behave for me! Good to know 444 and 464 are being good to you all!:D

Kimmeroo:)

Hello everyone. If you don't mind me asking when making tarts and clamshells with 464 do you add anything to the wax? Right now I add about 1 0z BW per pound. I just poured some leftover wax in a clamshell and votive mold to see what happens.

Thanks

Cheryl C

Guest Candelishis
I tried 464 in the votive and tart clamshells - not a good idea. The 464 is too soft and won't come out of the molds without a fight, which destroys them.

I use straight 464 in my tart clamshells and they pop right out. I don't use any additives at all...that's weird that you had problems. Are you letting them cool all the way? I don't touch mine for at least 48 hours, and they pop right out.

Seems like for once eveyone agrees in this thread...stay away from 415. Any of the others are workable issues.

Actually, I like 415 (EZSoy) just fine. I get nice-looking candles by adding a bit of beeswax and pouring slushy, and I haven't had much trouble finding scents that throw well. Not that I'm trying to sell anyone on 415; I'm just saying different strokes for different folks, I guess.