Packaging tarts for a very small show...

coconut

In a month I will be doing a very small craft show at work. Last year it lasted only 1 1/2 hours but I grossed over $200.00 on a $10.00 table fee. For the first time this year I am selling tarts/melts which are popular at work. I am thinking of wrapping them individually so people can mix and match, which is what most of them do when they order them from me. It can be rather fast-paced at times and I may not have time to wrap as I go. Any opinions out there that you care to share? Thanks!

What about the small zip lock clear bags? I got some from www.thecandlesource.com and they work perfect for putting just one tart in. Then I just label the baggie or place them with that particular scent that I have. if you aren't sure of size you can email and ask them as I'm not sure what size they are off hand either.

Guest Candelishis

If your tarts are the standard size, I used to use little ziplocs. I think they were 3X5...I got a box of 250 from the local craft store for 3 bucks. I put them in the baggie, then used one of my labels and a piece of card stock and stuck the bag inbetween the label and the stock and it sealed it up. Does that make sense? I don't explain things too well...lol...Either that or you could use those and just stick your label directly to the baggie.

We have all of our votives and melts in display boxes - unwrapped.

We do put out small clear ziplock bags and larger clear bags so customers may put them in there if they are really worried about mixing the scents. Most of our customers just put whatever they want - mixed or not - in the bags.

We used to take tissue paper and wrap each scent separately...very time consuming during a rush.

I have mine tissue wrapped with a scent label on the front (trying not to use plastic wrappings) then I have a selection of pretty organza bags for sale & folk will often buy a bag or two to put tarts in.

It takes some time to wrap all the tarts before the fairs but I think it's worth it.

Sally.

DH has suggested individually wrapping each one so that my customers know exactly what they bought in case they want to buy them again. Since these are co-workers and I do have repeat customers, I think I will go with this. I have been using polypro bags and so far everyone loves them because the vibrant colors show through. Here is a photo. Thanks again, everyone!

post-6400-139458436312_thumb.jpg