Any CT attorneys out there?

candlebean

I'm in training (almost there!), but you'll get a lot more info from:

http://www.uspto.gov/web/trademarks/workflow/start.htm . You can search all trademarks there to make sure you are safe on your name, and it gives you the info you need.

I searched the USPTO site and it showed that my name was dead/abandoned, but as I was reading through the application, it says that it is referred to an attorney who does additional searches - I was just curious as to what those additional searches are and if there was any way I could do them myself...just to be double sure before I pay all this money.

OT, but I can't help myself: Mary, that's great news. When will you be taking the bar exam?!?

Yes Miss Mary, do tell. I thought that you were a pregnant stay at home Mom with a deployed husband. Almost ready to take the bar? Will you wait until after the baby's birth? You truly are amazing!

e

I searched the USPTO site and it showed that my name was dead/abandoned, but as I was reading through the application, it says that it is referred to an attorney who does additional searches - I was just curious as to what those additional searches are and if there was any way I could do them myself...just to be double sure before I pay all this money.

I'm honestly not sure since my studies don't take me that direction, but I think that's a safeguard to make sure you aren't stepping on any toes. As long as it's not active in TESS, you should be able to fill out the correct forms and pay the fees directly. TESS should be pretty up to date and I don't know any lawyer who can search more than just TESS, but I suppose it is possible. The only thing I can think that they might have access to, is a possible TM in progress.