Shrinkwrapping Soaps

Meg_10

Is there a really good shrink wrapping for soaps out there?

that does not like thin out, wrinkle up after few months?

Right now I use 4x6 shrink wrap bags from Nashville wraps.

It's 80gauge.

Is there better wrapping films to use that will not, thin out, wrinkle up??

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Meg

Right now I use 4x6 shrink wrap bags from Nashville wraps.

It's 80gauge.

I purchased a roll of 4" - 1500 feet, 100 guage Shrink Wrap from Durapak in California, and it works beautifully. I cut mine to 4 1/4" and they fit. I am wondering if maybe you need to trim part of the 4X6 bags so that you do not have too much excess which doesn't shrink causing the wrinkle? Not sure what you mean by "thin out"

Is there better wrapping films to use that will not, thin out, wrinkle up??

HTH

I use the 4x6 80 gauge bags from nashville wraps

i have a sealer that pinch and cut end off.

Then I use my heat gun and go back and forth til it's firm on.

Sometime it split, gotta start over LOL

But after a while, like 1-2 months it's loosen up and sometime feels thinned out.

Meg

I've been cutting my own 4" shrink wrap tubing for about 1-1/2 years now. I like it and it is so cost effective. I have about 1/4 of one cent into each wrap sleeve. I cut at 4-1/4" too. It just wraps around the ends and leaves a little oval shape on each end to smell the soap and allow it to breath!

Paul....:smiley2:

I use the 4x6 80 gauge bags from nashville wraps

i have a sealer that pinch and cut end off.

Then I use my heat gun and go back and forth til it's firm on.

Sometime it split, gotta start over LOL

But after a while, like 1-2 months it's loosen up and sometime feels thinned out.

Meg

what happens when you hit it again with heat after it's shrunk - does it shrink more to take up the slack?

I get my bags from shrinkwrapstore(dot) com. They are really helpful via email and go the extra mile for you. They will guide you in the right direction.

hey, I use them too! I just got a HUGE order from her, dome bags, and tons of different sizes of shrink bags (cuz I just never know which size I'll need ya know? ;) ), and she was great about me adding on to my auctions etc. and shipped super duper quick and cheap cheap!

I'd recommend them to everyone!

what happens when you hit it again with heat after it's shrunk - does it shrink more to take up the slack?

Yes if I hit it with heat, it'll tighten back up...that is if it don't rip.

I just was wondering maybe a much thicker wrap would last longer.

You know....

I was pondering last night, thinking maybe I bag up my soap to soon after taking them out of molds. that maybe the moisture out of soap might be causing this??? Another thing I noticed is that, when I stack my soaps after shrink wrapping, that these stick together, thin out, wrinkle up, etc.

I wonder if it's the moistures out of soaps. hmmmm

Meg

What kind of soaps are you wrapping? CP? M&P?

If it's CP, then yes, you need to wait 4-6 weeks bwfore you wrap since the soap is still curing (water/moisture is evaporating), and the soaps will shrink up some in that time.

If it's M&P, a lot of times especially in more humid areas, they will sweat some if exposed to air. So if there's even a teeny hole in the wrap, they could be shrinking up a bit (the soap I mean), actually drying out a bit.

M&P though, at least in my experience, is a fickle medium. Sometimes I will leave mine unwrapped for some time and they are fine-other times, I wrap them right away, and they sweat!