Presto Pot

You do not want to leave it on all the time. Trust me. When your done turn it off and UNPLUG IT! I accidently left it on for Lord knows how long - a day or two? I came home to a stinky burnt wax smelling house and a presto pot full of brown liquid garbage.

Yes, Do not leave it on all the time, a friend of mine had just told me that a candle maker went out of business cause his house caught on fire from presto pot of wax left unattended.

I only use it to melt my wax, take out what i need in my pouring pot and then I unplug it til next batch to be melted and use again.

Meg

And, never knowing when the temp gauge may begin to malfunction, I would never leave it on if I left the work area. Just before our last pot "died", the temp would spike one time, then have a hard time heating up the next time.....

I just got mine over the weekend, it's great! I'd definitely turn it off and unplug it.

I laughed when I saw the warning in the pamphlet saying it's NOT for melting candle wax etc. I'd like to get one for my kitchen too, that thing sure can do a lot!