Holiday Jars

dcroome2005

I scored big at Dollar Tree this morning. When hubby goes away on business trips, I tend to become playful in the kitchen. LOL

I am testing these tonight and tomorrow to see how they hold up. I am really not worried about the coffee cups- just have to get the wick sizes right.

The snowman ( which they come in jars with leaves and ones with candy canes).. I could only pour to the thick red line as the top part of the jar is plastic. Have to make sure the plastic doesn't melt. We will see. The jar though seems pretty thick and heavy so that shouldn't be an issue.

The ho ho ho cups , I grabbed some others .. one says Cheers and that has green and red holiday bells on it.. The other one says Let It Snow and it's blue.

Not sure I am going to color the wax as it will take away from the jars itself. What do you think?? On the big one- it looks in the picture that my wick is off center, but it's not.

Check out your dollar trees if you haven't already

cups007.jpg

cups008.jpg

cups009.jpg

Those are darling....actually, I saw them over the weekend at our store. I was in a hurry so I didn't really pay that much attention. Now that I see how cute they look, I may have to make up some of those. I think I would tend to leave them natural, not colored. Although, they would look good either way, I'm sure! Good job!

OK.. as Grumpy and I were talking on yahoo, I have decided even though the snowman jars are not getting the plastic warm, I am not going to take chances. I know how to burn a candle properly.. Most customers DO NOT. :laugh2: Even with me telling them and warninig labels.. So.. I will just fill them with tarts !

Very nice, I love the snowman one, glad the plastic comes off. I was at the Dollar Tree yesterday and didn't see the snowman ones. Guess I have to go back soon. I got the ones that are snowman and santa shaped to test, going to pour today. Gotta love that store!

Those are lovely, I like the wax uncoloured, it definately gives the mugs more impact. I do not live in the USA, does a Dollar Tree store mean that everything in it costs only a dollar? :smiley2:

yeppers ... pretty much! they have great finds (like these) every now and then.