Anyone getting a great hot throw with Palm wax?

I refuse to use any more FO than 1 oz. per pound in any candle - I am too tight to pay more! :laugh2: I also don't like problems and the more FO goes in, the more problems rear their ugly little heads, especially with soy wax (but also true for palm wax). If something doesn't throw at or below that amount, I find another FO I like to use or sample the same one from a different supplier. The FO world is VAST, so I never have any problems finding a FO I like better than the ones that let me down. :)

If you search about this, you will find many glowing comments about the HT with palm wax. I get great throw from votives, pillars, containrs and other stuff made with palm wax. Check out the FO recommendations at the top of this forum for some success stories. :)

May I ask you what wick you are using? I am having a problem with the votives burning too fast and melting right down the middle. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Thanks

Cindy

Cindy, normally I use CDNs but I cannot find them except in mega-quantity in sizes smaller than 8s, so I have been using CD 6 & 7 for my votives. 8s are too big for standard sized votives and even the cubes and octagons.

Are you burning them in close-fitting containers? This makes a big difference with palm wax... They all burn straight down, but if allowed to burn slooowly, they will also continue to melt the walls of the shell until it all gets consumed. If the votive isn't in a snug glass, it usually blows out and the resulting flare gobbles up the wax and tunnels beyond repair. To get one to burn loose or freestanding without blowing out, you might have to wick down one notch further... HTH :)

Palm doesn't burn like any other kind of wax and personally, I don't think it even originates on this planet.

It is an alien wax.:laugh2::D

Ok, I ordered a sample. When it got here it was 2 5lb bags. Nothing writin on it. I don't know what brand it is, or anything. Looks like a powder or fine chrystal. On the reciept is says votive/pillar wax. I don't do votive or pillar. Can I use this in containers? Or is the container wax different? TIA:confused:

There are pillar and there are container palms? From whom did you get it? I got them from Candlewick and they only say Palm 1 and Palm 2 on the package which gets confusing - so I had to go online and look it up!

Candlewic Palm 1 = container

Candlewic Palm 2 = pillar

I agree...it IS an alien wax! I had so much trouble with the votives doing just what you're talking about that I just dropped them completely and started doing only soy votives in 2oz containers from Genwax. I do just the 3 inch pillars now in a 3x3 and 3x6 using the square braid wick. I have yards and yards of the flat braid wick from Michaels (Yaley brand) and that works in this size too.