Scent Throw

What is the major key to getting a good scent throw from soy wax candles?

We started about 2 years ago with candlewealth and have been using their soy wax and did not get a good scent throw at all. Since then we have left out own our own, and need some help with finding the right soy wax, and what it takes to get the proper scent throw.

That is. after all the question. I chase scent throw almost everyday, my answer would be to achieve the best melt pool and get it to the best temp from your wick for the particular scent you are using.

Lately I am overly obsessed with scent throw and don't really know why. I continually ask my testers "how was the scent throw?" and if they dont give me a detailed response, I go nuts. HaHa

Natalie

What is the major key to getting a good scent throw from soy wax candles?

Balance.

A good soy wax to begin, good FOs, good additives when needed, and accurate wicking. LOTS of testing and patience! :)

There are two stickies at the top of this forum with fragrance recommendations from members here - one for soy wax, the other for palm wax. Reviewing those recommendations may help you find a starting place. There are several decent soy wax blends out there - pick one and test one or two scents that others using that same wax have recommended. Pay attention to wicks. Some wicks are engineered to work better in veggie waxes than are others.

Read, read, read this veggie wax forum and search it for answers to your questions. There is a ton of great info in these threads! HTH :)

its a mystery to me, you just have to find what soy you like and then test it with the wicks and FO and pray that the 3 go hand and hand and love each other. Once you get the wicking down for the soy and you "think" you found the perfect FO for it, you move on to another FO and it doesnt work the same...man I love soy:laugh2: