Christmas scents

Dipper

First of all, try asking this question over in the Fragrance section!

Secondly, when you ask in the fragrance section you might narrow it down a little bit.. there are lots of Christmas FO's out there, and most folks purchase from more than just one company to round out their line of scents!

Personally... I don't think you can go wrong with Peaks. Always good, always reliable, and I've never had one not throw for me... ever. So...there's my opinion.. now go repost your question so more people see it! :)

Well, I see the mods moved your post...that's good 'cuz you'll get more answers here!

I'm not a fan of pine scents and can't really pour or burn them in my house anymore (it goes back several years to a "Turkey noodle soup meets FO tablespoon" fiasco by DH), but I love spiced cranberry scents for Christmas. Peaks Spiced Cranberry is great, and so is Candlescience Cranberry Marmalade. Peaks Sugar Plum Berries is also very nice.

I seem to get many of my Christmas/holiday scents at www.candlescience.com ...

Holly Berry

Mistletoe

Cranberry Marmalade

Pumpkin Souffle

Hansel & Gretel's House

Brandied Pear

Scotch Pine

Sugar Cookie (I mix with a little Creme Brulee from KY)

Strudel & Spice

Banana Nut Bread

Mulberry

Cinnamon Stick/Red Hot Cinnamon

Vanilla Hazelnut

Fresh Coffee (I make Caramel Cinnamon Latte with this one)

Cinnamon Buns

Caramelized Pralines

(and, I plan on testing their new Spiced Wassail)

Candle Science fo's throw great in my 50/50 soy blend at 8%.

I use Candlescience's Hansel & Gretel's house and love it. I wish I'd bought more than 8 oz of it.

The other poster is right- you really do need to use more than one supplier to get a good selection, but that being said, Candlescience is a good supplier, so if you really want to narrow it down to one, I'd go with them.... I've gotten a sample of mistletoe and hollyberry. I really liked it, but because I've already got balsam fir, I didn't really need another 'furry' scent. Hehe. Their cinnamon buns is great, but I make my own.

I use Save On Scents a lot, too. Some of their scents are weak, but most are great. It's important to order samples before buying larger amounts of FO, too. Offhand, I think Apple Pie, Blueberry pie, Strawberry Rhubarb, cinnamon buns, banana nutbread, gingerbread, French Vanilla Supreme, bayberry, balsam fir, Apple Cinnamon, candied apples... most of which I still carry, are great. Oh yah and butter cookie and egg nog too. Forgot those ones. :DThe good thing about SOS is that they give free samples with a certain $ amount of purchases, and give free shipping for orders over $100.

Lonestar has a great Fireside scent.

Cajun carries Mom's Apple Pie, which is awesome. I wish I could afford to order that one, because I think it better than SOS's, but the shipping would negate the effort just for one scent.

Peaks is another great supplier- but I haven't had any of their holiday scents this year and don't recall what I got from them last fall. I ordered summer scents from them.... pink sugar and wild mountain honey, as well as Blackberry sage, were great. Peaks is a company you can rely on.

Millcreek carries some good scents. Cozy Home is a lovely apple cinnamon/pie type scent, in my opinion, but I don't think I'd reorder it because I have apple cinnamon from SOS and they smell basically the same.

Fragrance oil heaven has some good stuff, too. They sell samples in drams... but it's really hard to test with something that small... however, if you simply want to see how it smells out of the bottle, that's a great and economical way to determine whether you like the scent or not.

Hope this helps!

Violet:smiley2:

I seem to get many of my Christmas/holiday scents at www.candlescience.com ...

Holly Berry

Mistletoe

Cranberry Marmalade

Pumpkin Souffle

Hansel & Gretel's House

Brandied Pear

Scotch Pine

Sugar Cookie (I mix with a little Creme Brulee from KY)

Strudel & Spice

Banana Nut Bread

Mulberry

Cinnamon Stick/Red Hot Cinnamon

Vanilla Hazelnut

Fresh Coffee (I make Caramel Cinnamon Latte with this one)

Cinnamon Buns

Caramelized Pralines

(and, I plan on testing their new Spiced Wassail)

Candle Science fo's throw great in my 50/50 soy blend at 8%.

Does the pumpkin souffle smell like your typical pumpkin pie scent, in your opinion, or better/different? I have sweet pumpkin pie from SOS, which is great, but I love Candlescience's FO's and am nearly out of the FO from SOS. Last year, I had SOS' other pumpkin pie scent, which nauseated me to no end for some reason. ANd had their spiced pumpkin, which was better...

Would like to try pumpkin souffle. I've heard a lot of good things about it. :)

CS's Pumpkin Souffle smells like a sweet, rich & creamy pumpkin. I can smell the spice, but it's not a sharp spice, more like a mellow spice, kinda like a pumpkin custard.

Thanks, Darlin! I've read on here that you are great when it comes to scent reviews, so I asked. That seems to be exactly what I'm looking for. Idk why, but a lot of pumpkin scents nearly send me to tears or worse...ugh.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a sweet pumpkin and marshmallow scent? :) Kinda a break between summer and fall...

Just a thought.

Thanks again!

Violet

Hey Violet, just thought I should add that at first I thought I detected a burnt note, but that seemed to be just my nose ... my friends and family didn't smell anything burnt. But, when I let it cure a little longer, it seem to disappear. I love it now. My husband's first comment to me was that he thought it was a creamy spiced vanilla.

Candlebuddy, I poured Pumpkin Souffle a few days ago and I also smelled your "burnt note"... it's not really burned, just really cooked lol... I make pumpkin muffins all the time (with cream cheese in the middles) that smelled alot like this scent. To me, the almost burned smell it had at first smelled like the edges of the muffin in the pan... ya know, where it's not really burned, but it's cooked a little longer? Anyway, that part is there at first, but it mellows back out to the creamy, little spicy pumpkin...

-Kristi