Scent Reviews

Candlebuddy

I just tested Pineapple Upside Down Cake from Keystone ... Farmhouse 50/50 soy blend, 8%, 8oz square mason jar, CD12, 2 week cure ... a medium cold throw, a light to medium hot throw. I am disappointed with this one, I really wanted it to work.

I retested The Candle Source's Brandied Fruit ... FH 50/50 soy blend, 8%, CD14, 8oz square mason jar, 1 day cure (couldn't wait to burn this one) ... medium/strong cold throw, strong hot throw. A great scent, it reminds me of Just Scent's Christmas Splendor. I had to wick up two sizes. I've decided to rename it Country Splendor (or something like that).

Thanks guys. I started with a CD12, but the wick drowned out during the second burn. I wasn't too surprised because, to me, Brandied Fruit is very similar to both JS & NG's Christmas Splendor (I had a hard time wicking both of those). With JS I used a CD14, and I never did get the one from NG wicked right. And, another thing I've learned ... not all CD wicks are made the same. The ones from TN burn hotter than the ones I buy from my new lady on ebay.

Okay, I've about had it with Brandied Fruit from The Candle Source. I've been test burning it with a CD14, and everything was going fine ... that is, until the wick drowned out after the 3rd burn. I guess I'll wick up to a CD16, but that really sounds outragious in an 8oz mason jar with a 50/50 soy blend. This is exactly what happened when I tried to wick NG's Christmas Splendor.

Okay, I've about had it with Brandied Fruit from The Candle Source. I've been test burning it with a CD14, and everything was going fine ... that is, until the wick drowned out after the 3rd burn. I guess I'll wick up to a CD16, but that really sounds outragious in an 8oz mason jar with a 50/50 soy blend. This is exactly what happened when I tried to wick NG's Christmas Splendor.

NG christmas splendor - about the 3rd or 4th burn it burns out on me too....grrrr. I am going to cut back on the oil, since it throws strong withing 8 hours of pouring. (yeah, I was impatient).