What's everybody burning?

soycool

Jenn ... to me, it had a burnt note when I was test burning, but everyone else loved it. My DH thought it was some sort of a spiced vanilla. I stopped burning it, and then lit it again the other day ... now, it smells like a rich and creamy pumpkin. I smell spice, but to my nose, it's a mellow spice and sharp. Funny thing, now I don't get that burnt note ... maybe it has something to do with curing.

Jenn ... to me, it had a burnt note when I was test burning, but everyone else loved it. My DH thought it was some sort of a spiced vanilla. I stopped burning it, and then lit it again the other day ... now, it smells like a rich and creamy pumpkin. I smell spice, but to my nose, it's a mellow spice and sharp. Funny thing, now I don't get that burnt note ... maybe it has something to do with curing.

Thanks CB...I remember you saying something about a burnt note, as did some others, but I am glad to hear that it's gone...I think I am gonna pour this one up tomorrow and see! I'll try to give it a good cure, but I am just as impatient as everyone else on the board so it will be tough!

BTW, I love reading your scent reviews and posts...you always have such great input!

Yesterday (when this thread was started) I was test burning:

Asian sandalwood-Peak in my son's bedroom

Mountain Lake-Peak in the front bathroom and another in my daughter's room.

Wedding Cake-NG in my bathroom and another in my bedroom.

I relit the wedding cake in my bathroom today, b/c yesterday I was getting this burnt smell from it. Not sure I like this scent, it's different that's for sure.

The mountain lake only gave a light hot throw, which really surprised me b/c it's sooo strong OOB. This is at 1oz pp. I really love this manly scent, so I will retest at 1.5oz pp.

Asian sandalwood throws really good (immediately) at 1.5oz pp.

Tomorrow or Monday I will be test burning Pumpkin Crunch Cake from NG-the cold throw smells a lot like Amish Harvest strong on the cinnamon. I'm hoping more pumpkin comes out with the hot throw.

Mountain Lake-Peak in the front bathroom and another in my daughter's room.

The mountain lake only gave a light hot throw, which really surprised me b/c it's sooo strong OOB. This is at 1oz pp. I really love this manly scent, so I will retest at 1.5oz pp.

Asian sandalwood throws really good (immediately) at 1.5oz pp.

I didn't have much luck with the Mt. Lake either. I was disappointed! This was the first Peak's scent that did not perform well for me.

Let's see.... Witches brew and autumn lodge in the kitchen (got these cute halloween ceramic containers and I made them mine...lol). Testing a 3 inch palm pillar with red currant and thyme tea, also in the kitchen... raspberry guava (millcreek, I believe) in the living room and in my bedroom. And um... still working on the cedarwood palm in an 8 oz jelly but it's nearly gone and the wick was too small... not very good scent throw on that one. SIgh. ANd I love cedar.

Blackberry & Sage on my kitchen counter (palm in a 16 oz mason).

I had clean cotton votives burning the other night, too. Smells great but almost too strong.

It's fun to burn! :yay:

I'm burning FOH Autumn Harvest......I don't usually go for the fall type scents but I really like this one. I decided to pour myself a bunch of different tarts this weekend (fall scents....my daughter loves them and some others for myself)

FOH's Spiced Cranberry, Mistletoe Kiss, Pear&Ginseng and Lavender Martini, AH's Celtic Moonspice, Interlude, Chocolate Brownie and Hot Apple Pie, and CS's Lavender, Yellow Rose, Honeysuckle Jasmine and Cucumber Melon.

Eve