Labels for clamshells.

Does anyone know the measurements of labels for the clamshells (6 cavity)?

When I make them, I use a 2x4 white label with all the info on it, warning and all. I have to cut off just a tiny bit that overhangs length wise. I use a paper cutter before sticking them on. If you dont want one that big, you could cut the 2x4 in half and it would only cover half the lid.

Guest Candelishis

I also use the 2X4 labels. I am thinking about going to the clear ones (my printing is all black on my labels). I just trim off a sliver on each side before sticking them on.

I don't use labels. I print the attached document inserts on cardstock and cut with a papercutter. I don't worry about rounding the corners; you can't tell. I used to use labels, but when I used clear some were very hard to read and I didnt' care for the look of the white labels. I asked many, many customers for their opinion and all preferred the cardstock inserts.

Check your email...

We ordered our labels from online labels for the clamshells - their

OL800TC is the right size. No cutting just print your info on it. They size is

2.5X1.563 - 18 labels to a sheet.

Good to know!! Thanks!

I couldn't be bothered with trimming to fit, so I use oval labels...they looked very neat because you could see the tarts too.

I'm just starting with the clamshells. Can anyone give me a pricing idea for them? How much wax do they hold? Thanks for any advise on these. :)

They hold about 2.5-3 oz of wax. I retail them for $3.20. They cost me around 80 cents to make. What you would do is figure out what it costs per oz, with FO and shipping, wax, etc... multiply that by 3 (because it should be around 3 oz of tarts), then add the cost of the clamshell. Then multiply your total cost by 4. This way, if you get a wholesale account, you will still make some $ even if you cut your price in half to wholesale.

Hope this helps.

I have been wondering about labels myself. I was using hangtags... what a MESS. They get so tangled up when stored...

I think a nice oval label would be nice, maybe using prairie kraft paper. I got my round labels from labels by the sheet, which was pretty economical for me as I got to test a lot of different colors and types of labels before I decided what I will be ordering in the future. If you get a small enough oval label, it won't completely cover the view of the tarts, but it should be big enough to have all of your info on it...

Hope this helps some.:)

They hold about 2.5-3 oz of wax. I retail them for $3.20. They cost me around 80 cents to make. What you would do is figure out what it costs per oz, with FO and shipping, wax, etc... multiply that by 3 (because it should be around 3 oz of tarts), then add the cost of the clamshell. Then multiply your total cost by 4. This way, if you get a wholesale account, you will still make some $ even if you cut your price in half to wholesale.

Hope this helps.

This made me look at my prices again...I got a nice scale a while ago but hadn't reweighed everything yet! Mine cost me 93 cents with the shipping on the wax and scent, so my x4 price is $3.72. I round up to $4 because some of my other x4 are too high, so I do x3 or 3.5, and I try to make up for it where I can. Plus, when we do shows we pay the sales tax and don't want to deal with coins, so everything is a whole dollar.

Guest Candelishis
What temperature do you pour these at? I just ruin my first clamshell. :tiptoe:

Impatient and didn't wait to cool the wax down some...Thanks to all.

I don't pour above 140 - I melted a couple of them myself, because I too was impatient :o

150 or below... otherwise, it will melt. I kinda melted one of my first clamshells, before I got my digital thermometer. I love it! SOOO much better than the candy ones and way more accurate.

What temperature do you pour these at? I just ruin my first clamshell. :tiptoe:

Impatient and didn't wait to cool the wax down some...Thanks to all.

Ahh shipping and taxes make all the difference.

I get my wax from a supplier pretty closeby, so I don't have to charge as much. I wonder, should I round up to $3.50? Hmm...

Then again, I won't be paying anything in taxes this year... it's been a loss so far... sigh.

This made me look at my prices again...I got a nice scale a while ago but hadn't reweighed everything yet! Mine cost me 93 cents with the shipping on the wax and scent, so my x4 price is $3.72. I round up to $4 because some of my other x4 are too high, so I do x3 or 3.5, and I try to make up for it where I can. Plus, when we do shows we pay the sales tax and don't want to deal with coins, so everything is a whole dollar.

150 or below... otherwise, it will melt. I kinda melted one of my first clamshells, before I got my digital thermometer. I love it! SOOO much better than the candy ones and way more accurate.

and don't try to blast them with the heat gun to smooth the tops...:(