new website

NattyCat

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The page cannot be displayed

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

Cannot find server or DNS Error

Internet Explorer

No error code.. Just this.. HTH

The page cannot be displayed

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

Cannot find server or DNS Error

Internet Explorer

No error code.. Just this.. HTH

Hmm - you know i think it may be a security setting on your pc. If it's set super high the site wont show because there is a flash object - otherwise recognised as an Active X object - some security settings when set to maximum see the flash or Active X and ban the site.

I don't know though - i've submitted a support ticket to my host and will see what they say.

Nat

Hmm - you know i think it may be a security setting on your pc. If it's set super high the site wont show because there is a flash object - otherwise recognised as an Active X items - some security settings when set to maximum see the flash or Active X and ban the site.

I don't know though - i've submitted a support ticket to my host and will see what they say.

Nat

That was it..

My security was set to Med/high.

Moved it down a notch and your site loaded just fine!!

Anyhow... You did an excellent job on your site!!

Glad I finally got to see it!!:yay:

I couldn't get to your site last night but I just tried again and I got to see it. You said you are not a web designer, but you should be :) I think it looks awesome, is easy to navigate and is very professional looking. And you have so many wonderful things to choose from. Good luck with your business.

I get this error:

Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at www.scentifique.co.uk.

* Check the address for typing errors such as

ww.example.com instead of

www.example.com

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network

connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure

that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

I tried to load it in IE but it wouldn't even come up with an error. :(

Anyone with Firefox have any ideas?

I get this error:

Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at www.scentifique.co.uk.

* Check the address for typing errors such as

ww.example.com instead of

www.example.com

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network

connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure

that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

I tried to load it in IE but it wouldn't even come up with an error. :(

Anyone with Firefox have any ideas?

I have just been updating the website, so you may have had problems getting in. the home page has been uploaded several times as I'm creating a sitemap and that sitemap tells me if there's any link errors etc which I fix and then re-upload the relevant page.

Try again if you like, i've finished now!

Nat

Wow nice work Natty!

Lovely colours, very easy on the eyes. Works great on Firefox. Good navigation, all links working fine.

One teeny thing which you're probably aware of. Your "why soy" page. The font size isn't uniform, the copyright line is hidden in the middle of the page amongst the text, and you have an extra header border in cerise that looks out of place.

Other than that it looks great. Your pics look fab, really professional, as is the whole site.

You should be very proud of your hard work and effort.

Ruby

If you're using IE instead of Firefox, I've found that lowering the security setting from medium to medium-low makes a huge difference when loading sites. Firefox screwed up at my office computer, and while I was re-dloading it, I used IE. Medium wouldn't let me even load Etsy!

Gorgeous site, but since your nav bar is flash, do you think you might see a drop off in visits because of not loading? I think it's beautiful and of course it's up to you whether the risk versus the reward, but since it's such a minor thing, and can be done without, without busting the integrity, thought I'd throw that out there.

The only other thing I see, on the "Why soy?" section (which I think you worded absolutely beautifully mostly) the page loads up fairly oddly.

Your bottom red line separator and date are coming up in the middle of the second red double bullet arrows. I tried reloading this and coming to the page directly and it's still doing it, so I think maybe your tables or coding might be just a bit off there. The red bar goes straight through the top line for me, and the date blurs the first words on the 2nd line.

Hi Natasha, Wow, I am so in awe of your new site and all those fantastic looking products you have. I visited your old page many times over the past few weeks to see if the new site was up and running and was thrilled to see this announcement, and it was well worth the wait.:yay: Gosh, it must have taken a lot of work, I love the pictures that change on the home page and the layout and pictures of the products are great. Really great site, wishing you lots of luck and much business!

i need to take a look at that page but I can't seem to recreate it on my computer - it works fine here. will see if I can break it on my pc and then I'll be able to fix it.

Nat

If it helps, I'm running the latest Mozilla with low security on Windows XP.