Pricing for Roll On Body Perfumes?

Lady Di

I recently added roll on body perfumes to my line. They are in the little glass lip gloss containers. I did a show last weekend, and not a single one sold. I had them priced at $3.00 each, 2 for $5.00. Was I asking too much, or was it the wrong crowd?

I've got another show in about 3 weeks, and I'd like to be sure I'm pricing these right. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

No... I had the testers all lined up in front with a professional looking sign that said what they were, and the price. The finished product was neatly labeled and shrink wrapped. People were testing them.

Could it have been my fragrance choices? I tried to offer something for all tastes. I had 9 fragrances: Jasmine Vanilla, Cantaloupe Lily, Bridal Wreath, Magnolia Melba, Coconut Lime Verbena, White Rose Bergamot, Fresh Mango, Black Raspberry Vanilla and Pumpkin Spice.

I don't get it. I'm really kind of fed up with shows. You never know what people are going to buy. My biggest seller was soap, then fizzies.

It's like reverse psychology in a way- people see a higher price on an item, and most of the time they think- luxury item, quality product, etc.

Whereas when they see these for next to nothing they think there must not be much to them, scent won't last, etc.

KWIM? I hope that made sense.

What are using for a perfume base? I really do think your pricing them way too low.

What size are they?

Also, when you see people using the testers you need to promote it-tell them how great it is, etc.

I really want to make up some of these for my upcoming open house, but just don't think I'll have enough time.

Do you have another show coming up? If so, please let us know if they sell the next time around.