Anyone know if daystars going to be having a sale?

dirtybirdsoaps

Yea I would like a sale too. The last time I posted about this it was deleted.

Apparently you are not allowed to post generic information about supplier sales.

Stacy has not had a good sale in a loooong time! Free shipping, something other than % off 2 FO's, please!

I think I'm one of the few that seem to think their prices are great.

I think we forget all that is involved when running a business.

From time to time I order from the big manufacturers a couple fo's that sell well for me in my products.

Can you believe that one of them I order is almost $20/lb and I get 50lbs a year of it (at once too)?:shocked2: The other is about $12/lb.

These suppliers have overhead just as we do. Insurance, possibly rent, the bottles they go in, the labels that go on them. Not to count the time they take to bottle them.

I think some of them have to pay high shipping too since most manufacturers are on the east coast, so those that are on the west coast I would assume pay high shipping that they have to incorporate into their pricing. Just as we do into our products that we make and sell.

Do you expect them to work for free?

They have families too I assume.

So to sit here and complain about high prices seems a bit selfish doesn't it?

I'm just thankful they offer a couple of them for sale a week. They don't even have to do that for us.

Look at Sweetcakes, do they ever have any sales? I haven't seen one. As a matter of fact, the fo's they do have on sale have been on sale for at least 6 mos, the same ones. I haven't seem them change.

Also, I learned from Genwax years ago, that when an fo is both skin and candle safe it requires more components that make it up, thus increasing the price. I'm sure you can ask any manufacturer of fo's this question and they'll explain it. I don't know anything else, but at least it gives me an explanation as to why some are higher priced.

I use to really like some of genwax's fo's for b&b but they weren't skin safe, so I asked them why.

I refuse to be chastised for wanting a sale. Daystar's FO's ARE more expensive than other suppliers. I choose to use some of Stacy's oils because I really like them. However, there are other suppliers who post every week in the supplier section offering a sale of some sort. Even more who offer sales through their Yahoo group. A 10% sale basically covers shipping, but it's a great incentive to utilize a supplier. Even suppliers who have FO that isn't priced as highly have sales on samples or like Tn, offer free shipping as an incentive to buy more. I don't expect any supplier to give me product for free. A good sale tells me that they are interested in ME as a consumer, and interested in ME feeding MY family as well. It tells me that they are motivated to not only get new customers, but take care of the ones that they have.

I doubt there's anyone here missing the business aspect of any supplier's pricing, but we all have to consider a bottom-line. It's wonderful to have the resources we have here, but we all need a nudge (sale) to give us a reason to put pencil to paper & justify our own business costs. I've shifted away from the 'cheaper' fo's, but I didn't do it w/o a LOT of recent sales to make testing/buying more reasonable. I definitely want to try several Daystar fo's, but too many other suppliers offer better sales & get my limited dollars. I don't think it's greedy to ask if any 'deals' are floating around.

Susan.

I dont think its greedy at all either.

I will be honest, I definatley use on a regular basis the "cheaper" fo's from alot of different suppliers.:yay: I don't like to pay over a $1 a lb. for my fo's, because I sell my products cheaper.

Wow Leisa, where do you find FOs at $1 a lb ? :tiptoe: :shocked2:

Boy, wouldn't that be a great sale ! :laugh2::yay:

I think I'm one of the few that seem to think their prices are great.

I think we forget all that is involved when running a business.

Can you believe that one of them I order is almost $20/lb and I get 50lbs a year of it (at once too)?:shocked2: The other is about $12/lb.

Whoop-di-do! Do you want a gold star for that???? Does this make you the authority on what people should think is expensive and what isn't???

These suppliers have overhead just as we do. Insurance, possibly rent, the bottles they go in, the labels that go on them. Not to count the time they take to bottle them.

I think some of them have to pay high shipping too since most manufacturers are on the east coast, so those that are on the west coast I would assume pay high shipping that they have to incorporate into their pricing. Just as we do into our products that we make and sell.

Do you expect them to work for free?

They have families too I assume.

So to sit here and complain about high prices seems a bit selfish doesn't it?

So YOU most certainly DO NOT complain about the high gas prices in this country then right? You DO NOT complain about the increase in the price of groceries then right? You DO NOT complain about the expense of ANYTHING then right? You know, they all have overhead, families to feed and can't be exected to work for free! And you most certainly would never complain about the high shipping costs in this business then right? Wow that's just great, you wouldn't dream of complaining about anything! Kudos to you, and pat yourself on the back! I highly doubt anyone here has forgot what it takes to run a business..for crying out loud thats what we all are doing...running a business!

Thereasa, I totally agree with you too, we will not sit here and be chastised for wanting a sale on some oils!

As for the original post here, I haven't heard of any Daystar sales other than what has already been posted, a scent or two being on sale.

I dont think its greedy at all either.

I will be honest, I definatley use on a regular basis the "cheaper" fo's from alot of different suppliers.:yay: I don't like to pay over a $1 a lb. for my fo's, because I sell my products cheaper.

OPPS!!! My mistake, I meant a $1 a OUNCE !:laugh2:

WOW! I cant believe that a little topic about a sale would spike an argument. That's insane. I appreciate everyone that has stayed on the topic and agrees that its not selfish to wonder about a sale. I don't see whats wrong with that, heck to me it brings in more business. I don't expect a sale every week but every once in a while its nice to have one just to save a buck or even just to try an oil that youve been wondering about. ME I don't usually by 1 ozers its always 4, 8, or 16. I need enough to test in candles and soap. Heck, I even have sales on my products why is it such a sin for someone else to have them???? So for the ones that complain about everyone else who wonders about a sale I hope that you do not take advantage of everyone that has one, especially the 1 oz $.99 sales because you'd be a hypocrite. JMO.

I LIVE for sales. It doesn't matter if its candle/soap supplies, groceries, clothing, or whatever. I am much more likely to buy something if I think it is a good deal, whether it actually is a good deal or just perceived as one doesn't really matter to me. I always feel better about buying something if it was on sale.

I LIVE for sales. It doesn't matter if its candle/soap supplies, groceries, clothing, or whatever. I am much more likely to buy something if I think it is a good deal, whether it actually is a good deal or just perceived as one doesn't really matter to me. I always feel better about buying something if it was on sale.

LOL me too, I dont know whats so bad about wanting to save a penny, we all have mouths to feed, not to mention our addictions :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: Heck, more supplies to hide from my husband!

Dirtybird, you are fine hun, for asking. I always hate it when I place a order, then find out a day or 2 later, that they have a sale. Nothing at all wrong with asking!!!:) EVERYONE in their own right mind, LOVES to save money. (Me..Me)!! I know this is off topic, but I believe Backwoods is gonna be having a sale again soon.