NO more Fundraisers for me...EVER!

Shawnee

Ugghh! I just finished up a fundraiser from HELL! The lady didn't pay me until after TWO weeks after the fundraiser's end. I order the materials as soon as I am paid, candles were delivered, yes DELIVERED in six days! I have parents calling me and cussing me out because they didn't get their candles when promised by the sponsor! I try to explain, even give them a discount on future orders and they either curse me out or hang up on me! What the hell!

That's too bad! I don't make one single candle until the fundraiser is paid. They should have turned in the money with the tally sheet! You are not to blame! If you change your mind and do another one I would print that all monies must be paid before candles are made. I'm sorry this happened to you!

I am easy and trusting like you. I guess I also would see the point now. The organizer would have some hard times getting all the money. I guess contracts might work but then again I take people's word.Thank goodness you got the money eventually.

Now for candles not being delivered that is her fault but I can see where the purchaser might not understand that. Might think you didn't get them done in time etc. Hard telling what she told people.

I now understand that the people might blame us for non delivery . We were slow and didn't do our part. She turns in the order and we fill it.

LynnS

Ya know...I read your post earlier this morning and have been thinking about it.

Several times I have placed fundraiser orders and haven't got the things the day it was supposed to be delivered. I NEVER would think to call someone and curse them out. Why aren't they calling the lady in charge? Sounds like they might be and she is putting the blame on you.

If this happened to me...I would be calling this lady that was in charge and giving her quite an unpleasant earfull. :angry2:

Maggie

I agree with Maggie. If I didn't get what I paid for, I'd be going to the person that took my money (i.e., the sponsor) not the manufacturer. I'm betting she is putting the blame on you too!

I would say the same thing as you both, sounds like she's shifting the blame. And like someone else mentioned, when/if I were to get something late, I wouldnt go to the person who made them, but the person who took my money. Maybe I'm odd, but when I order something unless it's a gift for someone coming up right away, I sometimes forget I even ordered it until it shows up lol. But even if I did remember, and it was for a gift and it was coming up soon, the one who took my money would be the one I asked, and I wouldnt curse at the person no matter who I talked to. I just dont understand people sometimes :rolleyes2

I know I'll do more fundraisers but man this one really wore me out! Yes she shifted blame. She failed to tell the parents it was her fault, and naturally its easier to blame me. I have tried to explain to the parents, but she apparently got to them first, and who knows exactly what she said. I was extremely EXTREMELY tempted to go back, get my candles and return her money, then let her pull the other money out her @ss to pay the parents back.

Well this is good info. If I ever do a fundraiser, I'll be aware of this potential hazard. Perhaps as part of the "lesson learned", next time just include in your literature that the turnaround time is contingent upon receiving funds in by a specified date. Or, if you packaged the orders individually, you could put a little note in each order explaining the delay. It's a lot of trouble to have to go through, but it will ensure your company name is not tarnished.

So sorry you had to go through that after all your hard work.

Well this is good info. If I ever do a fundraiser, I'll be aware of this potential hazard. Perhaps as part of the "lesson learned", next time just include in your literature that the turnaround time is contingent upon receiving funds in by a specified date. Or, if you packaged the orders individually, you could put a little note in each order explaining the delay. It's a lot of trouble to have to go through, but it will ensure your company name is not tarnished.

So sorry you had to go through that after all your hard work.

Oh no, I did that. Unfortunately it was all done over the phone. Next time I will have signatures. I did this fundraiser last year without a hitch, so I assumed it would go smootly this time around too. These "adults" that are acting like children, well I really don't want or need their business anyway. Those who know me and those who purchase candles from me know that I don't do my business the way it was described. I could go as far as making copies of the contract and handing them out at their practice, it was for a youth football league, but that would only cause more problems than its worth. Plus I'm not wasting any more of my gas! Its 20 miles away, so its not local people. Its people I will hopefully never see or hear from again.

I would also implement a signed delivery receipt. When you hand over your candles to the person in charge, have them sign and date that they did indeed receive the candles so if this pops up again you can show those irate parents that you did indeed deliver the candles to the chairperson in the time alloted and that any further issues need to be directed to that chairperson.

Angi

I would also implement a signed delivery receipt. When you hand over your candles to the person in charge, have them sign and date that they did indeed receive the candles so if this pops up again you can show those irate parents that you did indeed deliver the candles to the chairperson in the time alloted and that any further issues need to be directed to that chairperson.

Angi

That's a great idea Angi.

Well the whole problem is that when the sponsor was sitting on the money, or using it for her own personal items, which I believe was the case, the parents thought the candles were being made. So three weeks later the parents are irrate because they think I'm goofing off and took their money. When I get messages on my machine from parents that say they want "all their money back", they don't understand that I didn't get "all the money". Over half goes to the organization. I hardly make a penny on this fundraiser because I do it for the little girls so they can get their cheerleading uniforms so the "parents" don't have to shell out the money. No more though. Never again for this organization.

I don't know where she fits in as far as affiliation, but if it's part of the school or some organization - I'd take it to someone there and inform them of the situation and her poor handling of the fundraiser. At least she couldn't do it to someone else.

I don't know where she fits in as far as affiliation, but if it's part of the school or some organization - I'd take it to someone there and inform them of the situation and her poor handling of the fundraiser. At least she couldn't do it to someone else.

thats a really good idea.

Unfortunately she is best friends with the head person who was also involved in the scandal. They are both small town people with even smaller minds. They treat people and act like they are in high school again. I just don't see the reasoning for that behavior. I put an insert in the paper explaining the situation and offering a discount(even though it was totally not my fault) for a future order. It was totally professional and hopefully will open a few eyes. I thanked them for their business and apologized for any inconvenience the delay might have caused.