Opinion on 4630 Container wax wanted..

I am looking to get a slab of this wax and would love to get some opinions about this One pour container wax. Anyone that has any opinions .. good or bad.. please share with me.. I dont want to waste my money if it is not any good.. :laugh2: Thanks much!!

Jenni

I use it for both container candles, wickless candles (tins) and even tarts and I love it. It's on the soft side but for containers I think it's wonderful. I've never had to do a repour with it, so it's been a one pour wax for me with no problems.

I've been using it exclusively for the past 3yrs. and I LOVE this wax!

At the beginning I did have some smoking issues with it but I don't know if it was b/c it was still in it's formulation stage (1945 was what it was called) or if it was the op! LOL

As a newbie obviously I didn't know what the heck I was doingn but through a ton of testing I pretty much KNOW my wax now!

Why are you leaning towards this wax? Can you get it locally?

You should do a search here, you'll see this wax (and many many others) have been discussed a lot.

We use it, and have for a few years. On the postive side, it is a one pour wax, adheres well to jars, has a creamy appearance, good hot and cold throw. We did have smoking issues at the beginning, but we had started way too high with our wick testing - ending up using the lower LX's and that is working very well. We do need to wick up or down with some FO's, mostly if they are heavy or citrusy.

The only concern I have is shipping. Since it is such a soft wax, I am not sure how well they would do being shipped to warmer states, but since I have relatives in Arizona, I guess I should just try it! LOL I wouldn't ship there during the summer, but it still stays pretty warm during other months....

I think you will like it!

We have been using this wax for a few years now as well. As Jane said, we also had some smoking issues in the beginning. I am blaming them on overwicking though. The smaller size LX wicks work great for this wax.

The wax has a very nice appearance and great scent throw.

We didn't have one problem at all shipping container candles this past summer. That includes sending candles to Florida, Texas, Arizona, and Nevada.

I have been testing this wax, and I have not been able to find a wick for it. I have tried HTP, LX, and CD. They all smoked for me, unless they were too small. I am double wicking a 4 inch jar. I just ordered some 4627 to try. I am new at this so lack of experience could be my problem, but I have given up on 4630 for now. The wicks would not smoke at first when it was the correct size, but they would start smoking after an hour or so. I went down a size, but then I didn't get a FMP. It has been pretty frustrating. I hope to have better luck with the 4627.

I just started making candles and just recently ordered the 4630. I love it. The ht and ct is wonderful. I did have problems with smoking at first but I wicked down and that has helped. I do not have to repour either.

Laura in Kansas

I have been testing this wax for a little while now and I have found LX wicks to work well in my 4oz tins and tealights. I love the one pour quality and the cold and hot throw is really nice.

I'm testing/power burning a 4 oz deep tin right now, and I used 44-24-18c with the 4630 (nothing added) and amish harvest 1 oz. So far this combo has been the best and cleanest burn I have tested yet on my tins. I have many other combos of fo and wicks to try with my tins. I have had a beautiful flame, no smoking and only a tiny tiny mushroom the first burn.

I'm also testing/power burning a 4oz apothocary with same fo but with the 51-32-18z and I was really surprised that it didnt smoke and so far it's burning very clean and leaving just a very skinny film on the jar (can see all the way through it) so loving this combo as well.

Again, that's just one FO and 2 containers, hence the reason the testing process is so important. I'm sure I wont get the same results if I put in another FO and same wicks, but one can always hope right? :rolleyes2 :laugh2:

Now wickless are excellent! It's those darn wicks that get you sooo frustrated!

For Christmas last year, I gave friends and family cachepot warmers with a wickless candle for gifts. Now I am hoping they order WICKLESS candles from me....those are just the best!!!! LOL