Candle Buisness Resume

slow-burn

Anyone have any experience putting all of your experience in a resume format? Wanting to do a fairly large show next year (if I get accepted) and they are wanting a resume......I am drawing a blank.

Would appreciate any help or ideas! Thanx bunches all!

I don't do very many shows, but I haven't run across anyone requesting something in a resume format. Is it truly a "resume" they want or just an application with photos of your products? Unless someone else has experience with it, you might want to ask the show promoter if they will provide you with an example that you can go by since you are unfamiliar with the process.

If they aren't able to provide examples for you, what I would do is list how many years you've been making candles, any special training or classes you may have taken related to your craft, and list any professional craft associations/guilds that you belong to.

I would also list shows you have exhibited at in the past, and indicate whether or not it was a juried show. You could also list any organizations that used you for their fundraising efforts.

I think that pictures are appropriate since every show I have ever done has asked for them, and since you say it's a large show, I'm guessing they would need them. Then again, I think they should provide you with more information, since some places limit the number of photos you may submit I'd hate for them to possibly disqualify you because of a minor oversight of something you were not aware of.

Thanx for the input! It really confused me too! I wasn't really sure what they meant by resume, so I thought I would ask on here before I gave them a call. But I will be calling them to find out more info. It is a juried type show, so the pictures is definately a must. They want to make sure there is no duplicate crafts (or looks of the crafts). But I do need to find out about that resume!

Thanx again!

The Harvest Festivals request a resume and also several pics showing you making your craft. When I applied, I basically put together a brief bio of me a and my partner mostly pertaining to the candle making aspect of our lives and then had a couple of paragraphs on our company and our goals. They accepted us, but I would definitely check with them to be sure you're not leaving out something they really want.