Where to find a good mold

Dana

I have been dying to buy an Upland mold. Since they have been taking so long getting settled I decided to get a larger Misty Creek mold. Now they are not making them any more!:shocked2: Where can I get a good mold, similar to the Upland? TIA~

I wanted a Misty Creek but they stopped selling just before I decided to buy one. But, that is okay b/c ItsmeJeff from this board custom made me one. It has dividers just like the Misty Creek but also, I can make 18 bars or just 9 bars or I can make two 9 bar batches. I only have a picture of it like this with no dividers but you get the basic idea. It is super easy to unmold and doesn't stick at all. You can pm him if your are interested, he is very skilled with his handiwork.

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53909&highlight=mold

I love my Kelsei divider molds and upland log molds. I know that upland is not taking any orders right now due to problems with their move. Kelsei is still in business though and the web site says that they will custom make them for the size bars that you want. I like them so much that I have 4 of their molds, they are great to do business with and she is a soap maker.

I won't bother mentioning the molds that I have had problems with, but personal experience is the reason for my recommending the Kelsei and Uplands.

Deb, I don't know whose molds you are talking about that you've had problems with, that is a shame, but you have not bought any of my molds so it was not mine. Uplands and Kelsei molds are fine molds. I started out as a soapmaker looking for a better mold. I am still a soapmaker that has a better mold.

Paul....

Deb, I don't know whose molds you are talking about that you've had problems with, that is a shame, but you have not bought any of my molds so it was not mine. Uplands and Kelsei molds are fine molds. I started out as a soapmaker looking for a better mold. I am still a soapmaker that has a better mold.

Paul....

Paul, I said that I wouldn't mention names of the ones that didn't work as well and I still won't. Honestly, you have no idea where your molds go after they leave your hands. Haven't you noticed people selling stuff that they bought and didn't use for one reason or another?

I stand by my original post.

Jeff molds are made of the same product as Kelsei molds but personally for me I don't have any trouble un-molding with his. My Kelsei is such a pain and when I got mine it was missing the metal bar that is suppose to come with it. I can never reach the people at Kelsei on the phone so I gave up trying to get the bar. Jeff's prices are way better than Kelsei too. And Jeff is always on the board or a phone call away for me.

He does make log molds and they are so cool the way they work. Very user friendly. The type of material HDPE ( I think) is great for easy release and removal of your soap. Most molds made of this material run fairly high but he has kept the cost down and offers a fair price. I paid more for my 9 bar than my 18 bar from Jeff.