Can I fix this?, "soy not sticking to jar"

I am making 10 oz wide mouth mason jar soy candles and some of the jars - the wax is pulled away from the glass in certain spots

I did pour at 140 per instructions & cleaned and warmed jars

Should I have waited for slush to pour?

Also, can the ones I have done , be fixed??:(

This may be due to temperature changes and not to the inner surface of the jar... it's "that" time of year...

To fix you could try heating the outside of the jar with a heatgun, but I think you could end up creating more problems than you originally had. Personally, I'd repour them. Maybe someone else will have a better idea...

This is where you just run away screaming and pulling your hair out and come back to it after a few drinks! You can do EVERYTHING the same as always, but if you have a draft and things cool unevenly or if you pour a little too hot or a little too cool or your jars have an uneven temperature or if you sing to loud or a little off key, the soy just rebells. Gotta love it! :P Enough to drive you (and me) looney:werd: .

-Kristi

Pretty much this is wet spots and doing anything about it not much the warmer they are the less you have them but as soon as it cools back down they show up agian.

As long as that is all they is wet spot it is best just to learn to live with them they are a fact of life.

Do you have a picture so we can be sure of what you are talking about?

Pretty much this is wet spots and doing anything about it not much the warmer they are the less you have them but as soon as it cools back down they show up agian.

As long as that is all they is wet spot it is best just to learn to live with them they are a fact of life.

Do you have a picture so we can be sure of what you are talking about?

I will get pictures today and post so you can see

I did everything to keep the jars at an even temp but think I poured too soon

I am using a different wax this time but it is still 100% soy wax as my last year wax was just a different company...never had problems with other wax but also poured at slush and smaller containers,

Someone said repour...? How would I do this?

I have come to the conclusion that pour temps are not the only culprit in creating wet spots. I think mean little invisible trapped bubbles do too. And then you have SOME mean FO's that are more prone to cause those little mean bubbles to suddenly become HUGE UGLY WET SPOTS, no matter how carefully you stir or slowly pour. :angry2:

Actually, Moonshadow, I don't think pouring temp has anything much to do with wet spots at all and neither do air bubbles. The wet spot is an optical illusion caused when an area of wax is not adhering to (or lets go from) the side of the container. Here's what I have found:

• Cleaning jars well of any manufacturing oil residue before pouring is important no matter WHAT brand of wax one is using. If there is oil residue on the glass, the wax will not be able to effectively adhere to it. You may not be able to see nor feel the residue, but all unwashed glass containers have a certain amount on their surfaces. For the same reasons one would not drink from a brand new unwashed glass, it doesn't make sense to pour a candle into it.

• The brand of container soy wax used matters. Some are formulated to have greater adhesion and less shrinkage than others. Some brands contract more than do others due to temperature variations.

• Temperature variations in the environment cause most wet spots because the glass contracts more quickly than does the wax inside. If the wax is not really "sticky," it releases from the glass, causing the "wet spot" illusion.

While we can control certain of those conditions, we can't control others, so unless someone comes up with a container wax that is more chemically close to glue than wax, we will have to put up with wet spots to a small degree. Many folks have mentioned seeing these on commercially produced "bigtime" candlemaker's products, so it is not considered to be a flaw in the performance of the candle and is a minor cosmetic flaw.

Yah,baby! I like Stella1952's answer, because this has been my feeling all along. We just need to get over it. I store my candles in the garage, and as the temperatures change there, wet spots even come and go, along with frosting. I poured some new ones the other day, no wet spots. But when the temp. came down overnight, viola! Wet spots! I refuse to keep my heat running this winter for inanimate objects. :) I have never had anyone ask me about them anyways. Deep breath...and repeat: They bother me more than the customer. I need to stop being a perfectionist. These smell great. etc. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm breaking my own rule here freaking out over wet spots! I bought frosted tumblers, thinking how cool they would look. I found foaming Dawn, washed the thing, let dry, added the coconut oil, let cool slowly. It looked great. Three days later..WET SPOTS! They look worse in the frosted tumblers than in the clear glass! :angry2: I use the C-3 and have two cases left. ARG! I don't get wet spots in my apothecary jars, and even some of my old tumblers stored in the garage don't have them. We were thinking it was the tapered sides of the tumblers, but this has been a recent problem. Maybe it's the Banana Nut Bread FO? Try another scent? :confused: Luckily I only have one case of the frosted tumblers, so I can switch. I am slow-ly go-ing crazy...1,2,3,4,5,6 switch...Slowly crazy going am I...6,5,4,3,2,1 switch