Zen Cart?

I am looking at switching to Zen Cart. I was going to download it yesterday but my hubby says it has to be downloaded to the server first.

So I was wondering if anyone else uses Zen Cart if this is indeed what you had to do. Seems kind of silly to me. But then again I am not a technical person soooo. Thanks for any feedback.

:cheesy2:

Of the big three Open Source eCommerce packages - Zen Cart, OsCommerce and Cube Cart, I personally prefer CubeCart. ZenCart was pretty complicated to me, especially since I did not need MANY of its features. Check into all three. All three of the above softwares have "tests" set up on their sites so that you can "try on" their package for size. In addition, they all have support forums to assist complete noobs with their products.

If you have cPanel and plenty of excess space on your server, why not let Fantastico set up a "test" of each one so that you can explore the features and decide which one works best for you? You can always delete it if you do not like it or wish to start over. HTH :)

I set shipping by weight through ZenCart with USPS (or other shipper) for their real time shipping calculator. You will need to have registered a Web Tools account with USPS at their website to use this module.

USPS expects you to use pounds as weight measure for your products.

There is also an option for "Enable Per Weight Unit Shipping" in ZenCart where you set a number for the weight of each product and base shipping from that.

I set shipping by weight through ZenCart with USPS (or other shipper) for their real time shipping calculator. You will need to have registered a Web Tools account with USPS at their website to use this module.

USPS expects you to use pounds as weight measure for your products.

There is also an option for "Enable Per Weight Unit Shipping" in ZenCart where you set a number for the weight of each product and base shipping from that.

Thanks I'll check into it! :D

Violet:yay:

I would agree that Zen comes with a lot of extra features not needed and with only a glance, you might not be able to tell exactly what's what.

I personally use OsCommerce and adore it. It allows shipping weights, and USPS, FedEx and UPS real time shipping and paypal IPN to verify payments instead of one click which helps prevent fraud.

No experience with CubeCart.

I liked ZenCart as well, but went with LiteCommerce for my site. I needed an affiliate, wholesale, intershipper integration and a ton of other features that I couldn't find in a free cart. I ended up spending about $450.00 on mudules and licensing though. It was the best $450 I've ever spent though. I absolutely LOVE LiteCommerce. The link to my shopping cart is in my sig if you wanna check it out. I haven't added many products to my site yet, but there are a few that you can play around with. It also has Sales N Stats integration for live support and tracking.