Fundraiser help/info please

Hello everyone. Someone has contacted me wanting to do a fundraiser for project graduation. I don't have printed up fundraiser forms. How do you guys handle your fundraisers? Do you have preprinted forms? Do you order your forms from somewhere? if so where? Do you print them yourself? What materials do you give the customer when it comes to fundraisers? i have done one small fundraiser for an individual and I just printed from my home computer but that looked a little on the cheap side but she said that was ok cus she was selling only to family/friends. What do you guys do and what are your suggestions? Please help. Thanks.

It depends on how your business is set up to take orders.

When I do fundraisers, which are admittedly few because I don't like to do them, I create a special discount code on my website. The fundraisers go out and promote the candles and give out that code, which people use to buy candles just like any other customer would. At the end of the fundraising period, say 2 or 3 weeks, I tally up all the orders that came in during that time that used that given code. I then give the fundraising organization an agreed upon percentage of the sales (not including taxes or shipping).

Using that method means that the fundraisers (kids in many cases) never touch the money or the product - I get paid via the website as usual and I deliver/ship as usual, just like any other order. Which actually makes it really easy on both of us.

I did the tally sheet thing once and I swore I'd never do it again.

Oh and I forgot to mention - doing it this way means I get a receipt from the organization for a tax-deductible donation :D

Yea! candlecauldron is where I downloaded my forms. I do one seller sheet per product and customize it with their organization name, jar size and a little thank you for supporting the organization.

I also give them a tally sheet (one per size candle being sold).

They have to make copies for each seller.

I then provide a sample set to each seller (6 max. scents) in those little portion cups. They just love it! Customers have a tendency to purchase more when they can smell and see the actual color of the candle. If that area is not familiar with my candles (but the lady who recommended me is) and haven't actually purchased one of my candles before, I send each seller a picture of the candles they will be selling.

I do require them to pay the postage on shipping samples/forms, but other than that, the rest is FREE.

All they do is sell, submit tally sheet with CASH or MONEY ORDER to me (I don't take anyone's checks on a fundraiser).

Pour and deliver~!

I love fundraisers!

HTH:smiley2:

Carrie

I then provide a sample set to each seller (6 max. scents) in those little portion cups. They just love it! Customers have a tendency to purchase more when they can smell and see the actual color of the candle. If that area is not familiar with my candles (but the lady who recommended me is) and haven't actually purchased one of my candles before, I send each seller a picture of the candles they will be selling.

I did something similar, and the customers LOVED it. I made small tarts and placed them in bags with the scent name on them. I like the idea of portion cups.

The portion cups are a neat idea, might have to try that next time.

I went to the candle cauldron, personalized the fundraiser form printed it out, took quite a few pictures of my candles till I had one I liked and printed it out, got that nice thick shiny paper from Staples and printed them out on my moms copier (double sided).

They actually came out decent, I was proud of myself.

Orginally they were to sell only 6 scents but since I couldn't make up my mind they sold 8 scents.

I gave the girls 2 weeks, so they wouldn't forget about the fundraiser.

Mindy :)

We probably make most of our money off of fundraisers. We have gotten a few sporting organizations and it just grew from there luckily. We have our local printer make up a two sided sheet for us for each seller, one side with the tally sheet and the other with our business info and scent descriptions for each of their ten scents. Thank goodness we only work with one person that heads the committee and give them our ground rules. We need the total before we will start and they will receive their candles 3 weeks after turn in. We give the commitee person a sample candle and tarts of the others. If anyone is persistent about scent samples(it doesn't happen too much for us)

We use the polycon paint strips for our samples. They have worked well for for our home parties as well. When we have had parties that we had to mail the portion cups had a tendency to get smashed. Then we discovered the lacons, which were a little pricey, but the paint strips I think are only 37 cents and you get 9 cups attached which are easy to handle. We love them. In our home party kits we can keep our scent categories together. Works well. Sorry to ramble. I'm done now. Good luck, Karen