Rustic wax question?

I was wondering if anyone has ever tried making a rustic pillar out of IGI 1260. I am going to give it a try myself. I usually use IGI 1343. I wanted to try the tilted layers from last weeks class as an everlasting. I was just looking for anyone else that has tried this to share some information if possible.

Thanks, Tammy

I am not trying to phase out 1343, I am just not sure is 1343 is hard enough to make an everlasting out of. I use 1260 for my everlasting candles now, but I don't make everlasting rustics. Since 1260 has a high melt point, I thought I would pour at 170 instead of 150. What do you think? I am going to give it a try tonight after I put my son to bed.

I am not trying to phase out 1343, I am just not sure is 1343 is hard enough to make an everlasting out of. I use 1260 for my everlasting candles now, but I don't make everlasting rustics. Since 1260 has a high melt point, I thought I would pour at 170 instead of 150. What do you think? I am going to give it a try tonight after I put my son to bed.

170 is too high to get a rustic effect.

Tammyc

I have been using the 1343 successfully for some time to make tilted rustic everlasting pillars. It has been working beautifully with no problems if this helps at all. I do not find that I have problems with it being hard enough and I have not had any complications with it cracking towards the top of the pillar where the insert is placed. Any questions, just let me know.

skydreamer

It won't work :sad2:

I've spent the last month working on this and tried the exact same thing.

The best thing I've come up with is a blend of the two. Experiment with your ratios on combining the two waxes until you get an effect you're happy with. Be sure and splash the wax in the mold real good. I also am using 4 T. stearic pp of wax. Your everlasting pillar will still be at a higher melt point than straight 1343, and take the heat much better from the tealight.

I haven't done any rustic layering, (I've been doing 1 color rustics) but the way the wax is acting, I would imagine you will have to pour your 2nd & 3rd layers sooner than usual if you want the layers to have that "blended" look rather than clean looking layers.