Spidernet Palm Wax Pic

ubure

This is again for my European colleagues who are interested in the palms I have access to. I have tested the spidernet wax now and this is what came out (I think it looks like old leather, but I like it. Am curious how it will burn!)

post-4264-139458435732_thumb.jpg

Inez very cool looking, are those lines cracks or it's just the pattern?

Just note, when I tested this kind of wax (I have it here in italy too) I though the best name for it was "marble". It's hard like a stone, it breaks like a stone and the finish varies from large "blocks" to stripes ...

I have never used a palm wax that was SUPPOSED to have that effect, but have gotten it, particularly when pouring on the cool side. I recently burned a 2" pillar that had this effect and noticed that over the summer, the cracks had deepened and spread, as if the candle had swelled somewhat (humidity?). I was afraid it would affect the burn, with the fractures breaking off instead of melting, but it didn't... I suppose because they were pretty superficial and didn't go much below the surface.

It's a LOVELY effect! :)

Thanks for your comments!

The lines are in fact no cracks, it's really the pattern. I know, Sabrina, you had no luck when burning it - I hope I have more luck, will tell you anyway:cheesy2: .

Stella, your observations are interesting - I will watch closely if the candles changes the same way!

Okay, I'm going to burn it right now - have to wait anyway for my bread to bake (yummy!)...

See ya!