Scoopable "tarts"???

Hi all,,on another board they are talking about Scoopable Tarts,,using CRISCO,,I am NOT a candlemaker, but this seems simple, EVEN for me..some are using Crisco and soy and fo..does anyone on this board know about these???or have made them? Any comments welcome..

thanks,

littleshote

Hi, I make my "scoopable" tarts, and I make them out of a large silicone jelly bean mold, that I got last christmas time @ Wal-mart. I just pour the scented wax into the mold, let it set up....and pop them all out and put them in zip-lock baggies. You can find small embed molds on ebay...or www.flexiblemolds.com . She has like 24 cavity lil butterfly embed molds for just $13.95.

Here is a lady, if you look thru her ebay store, she sells these molds and they are really nice...like 90 cavity molds.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MINI-CHUNK-MOLD-Tarts-Candle-Embed-90-Cavities-x2-WOW_W0QQitemZ190163370114QQihZ009QQcategoryZ41205QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hi all,,on another board they are talking about Scoopable Tarts,,using CRISCO,,I am NOT a candlemaker, but this seems simple, EVEN for me..some are using Crisco and soy and fo..does anyone on this board know about these???or have made them? Any comments welcome..

thanks,

littleshote

pics please.. :)

That idea is not only messy but really only good for local customers can you imagine shipping that when it is slightly warm it would make a huge mess. When could you really ship it not in the summer, spring or fall the temps are to unpredictable. Winter what happens when that box is left close to a heater.

They do look wonderfully yummy.

Oh these sound and look so cool! I like the idea and think it could be possible if you put them in containers with lids. Even if they melted a bit, they'd harden again when cooled (or so I'm assuming), but now that my curiousity is piqued, i'm going to try to find out more. :)

I make the candle crumbles Which is scoopable tarts, (spoon as much as you need in your tart warmers) I tie a spoon (plastic tester spoons)with ribbon or homespun onto the cello bag.

Never heard of this kind of scoopable tart. Ya learn something new every day with this addiction:rolleyes2

Everyday I hear something new and a new addiction is born... but I think this one I'll leave behind...

I have a lot of scraps and stuff, chunks that never made it into candles, but it seems that even selling scoopable hard pieces of wax is time consuming.

I admire those of you who do all this extra stuff!

Off to bed to sleep and make myself ready for that job I have... :laugh2: Wish I could just do the candle biz FT, but after a year and a half, well, I know it takes a bunch of time as well as lots and lots of $$...

Off to dreamland I go!

:rolleyes2

Well I posted on the other thread you are referring to but I'll add more here. I tried these out and the scent throw was amazing, but shorter than regular wax melts/tarts. It wasn't messy at all, at least not in my warmer. Once it cools just wipe out with a paper towel, easy as pie.

I think it would be a fun addition to any line (but I'd package them in containers with lids) and only have them available during the cooler months.

But with that all said I like the little cube tray idea better! I think the little dots or cube melts where the customer can be a little more interactive with the product is a great idea.

OK. I have been reading this thread with suspicion for days, but these actually look pretty cool... Not at all the image I got in my mind of sticky goop... I like the presentation of them in a jar with a little spoon for scooping... Might have to try this... Thanks for sharing the idea! ;)