FO Ho's how do you keep track of them all?

jaydensmom

I found these really neat index cards at Wal-Mart that are perforated so that you can tear them in half. They have a hole in the corner and a ring that they all go on. I have a ring of FO to be tested. A ring of tested that did well. A ring of FO that I want to purchase. Etc. Etc.

I have a document in word. I list them by company then underneath I put the FO's in alphabetic order. Then when I tested a scent I write next to it what I thought. If I didn't like the scent I write next to it don't buy again. The hardest part for me is when I sell a scent I sometimes forget to write next to the FO that I sold it. So, maybe someone on the board is ISO a FO I think I still have that scent but really I don't because I sold it....LOL:) Other than that this document has really helped me to keep tract of all the FO's I have.

I keep a Word document too but I have it in ABC order by the name of the scent. With a scent like all of the vanillas, I list vanilla,ultimate or vanilla,velvet, etc. I put the suppliers too. Then I make a short note of OOB opinion. I keep my notes of how it performed in a product in a notebook but someday I might get ambitious & add those notes to the Word document. If I didn't have that document I'd have duplicate scents too!! I also keep lists of scents I want to try from different suppliers-you know how you want to feed the addiction so you go and fill a shopping cart but you can't afford it so you just make a wish list!LOL

I use an Excel spreadsheet. I have a worksheet for each supplier that I have purchased from. I have a column for purchase date, scent name, amount purchased, amount on hand, and a column for notes. I very diligently keep it updated (or else it is useless). I have around 900 bottles of FO, so I definintely need a system.

For storing the actual bottles, I have bins for each supplier. Within the bin, it is not organized, so sometimes it takes a few minutes to locate a bottle from the suppliers that I purchase a lot from.

Right now, I have way too many bottles. I am trying to figure out which scents I really love, and to reduce the number of duplicate scents. For example, I love the scent Green Tea, but I haven't found the perfect one yet, so I have just about every version of Green Tea available.