Testing first pillar candle

I am testing my first pillar candle. It is a 3" x 6.5", I am using IGI 1274 mottling wax, using a number 2 wick from Cierra Candle Supply. The first burn, I burnt it for 4 hours and had a great melt pool, but it was like the was off center but it wasn't it was in the center. The rim at the top of the candle was like a half inch on one side on the other side it was like a quater of an inch. I blew it out and hugged it. The second burn , I burned for 3 hours but the half inch side stayed the same but the other edge even got smaller. Could it be that the wick is to big? The wick is in the center and there are no drafts where I am testing. Or what might be the problem? I would put pictures up but our camera is down right now. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael

How big is your flame? That's a pretty good indicator if it's too big the flame is too big. Pictures help, but sounds like the wick isn't on center. I know you said it is, but what makes you so sure? You could have hugged it too much on one side as well.

Thanks for the info. My Wife, and I have been making jar candles for a little over a year now so we thought we would try some pillars maybe we can get down pat. The other side is trying to catch up now but it's not the way I would like for it to be. I'am testing another one that I put stearic in it looks better than the first one. Will the stearic help with the burn.

Thanks,

Michael