24 oz canola

18 oz coconut

6 oz cocoa butter

6 oz castor

16 oz olive

9.8 olive

22 oz water

5 oz bergamot and ginger FO

water lye temp were 90 degrees(got sidetracked)

I read that citrus oils slow down curing.

i usually peek in on my soap after 8 or so hrs, and when i did it was not as hot as it usually is. did this last nite and this morning it was still soft. was able to come out of the mold but i cuts like fudge soft fudge. I never had soap this soft before. I hope its not ruined, cause thats a lot of product to waste. any sugestions. please tell me it will be ok:confused: And if there is any thing i can do to save it if its not ok.

thanks tracy

I'm guessing the 2nd 9.8 Olive was meant to be your lye. That's how it came out in the caculator I plugged it into...

You've got a high percentage of castor, which makes a softer soap. The water looks high to me as well, as did the EO blend. I've never soaped with Canola, but i've heard it makes a softer soap. Olive Oil makes a hard bar, but only with time and a long cure. Your hard oils are on the lighter side as well, only about 34%. Mine is usually around 50%.

Put all together, that could give you a softer soap. Hopefully it'll harden up.

I've never heard of citrus EOs slowing curing. My experience is they will often slow trace, but that's different.

yes the 2nd olive is lye..

maybe thats what i read, slowing trace...

I made 2 logs, the first one i took out and cut this morning was soft.

i just took out the 2nd log and it was starting to gel..

maybe i should of left them in the mold longer.

this was an exact recipe from the latherings board entitled sherrys fantastic soap. i just followed it exactly.

i hope it hardens too!

Heres update:

This actually turned out well, its hardening up nicely, think it will be fine, ive used it and it lathers like crazy. I really like it! I think i will try another batch. when i get a chance i will add a pic.