Newbie in need of your expertise!

Hello. I'm currently using Comfort Blend and am experiencing sink holes! I just switched from the 8 0z jj to the 8 oz Mason jar and started having this problem. I heat my wax to 190, I read on here somewhere a suggestion to do that and it's made all the difference in scent throw! I do pre-heat my jars and I'm using the recommended RRD wick. I purchased all my supplies from CS. I don't know what I'm doing wrong to get these sinking, cracking holes!!! I know someone here will have the answer for me and I GREATLY appreciate any help you can give me!!! Thanks for all the help you given me so far and didn't know it! :cheesy2:

What temp are you heating your jars to? The sink holes and cracking usually happens with this wax when it cools too quick. I usually heat to 175 both jars and wax. Add color and FO and then pour as soon as jar comes out of the oven. I never get any kind of cracking or sink holes with the mason jars.

HTH,

Shari

I heat mine to 175, both Jars and comfort blend, just as Shari does, and have had no problems with scent throw. I use 8oz Ball Mason jars and zinc wicks. I usually use 51-32-18z size wicks, but have noticed that some fragrence oils require me to go up a wick size as I was getting sink holes and tunnelling with the usual size. Maybe heating your jars to the same temp as your wax and/or uping your wick size will help.