Centering wicks with craft sticks - an idea

I bought a bag of craft sticks at Michaels for about $3.50. It came with 350 of them. I drilled 1/8" holes in the center and use them for holding my wicks center in my containers. I'm looking for other ideas on how everyone else is doing these. Here is a pic of how I do them:

3ae7_1.JPG

I liked doing them this way so much, I started selling the sticks predrilled on ebay for .99 per 10 sticks. I only had one sale of 100 sticks. I thought they would sell like crazy since it works so well. Is there a better and easier way for this besides using the .49 cent wick bars everyone is selling? Those seem to cut my wicks and damage them. Just looking for feedback and ideas. Maybe this might help others who were looking for better ways also.

I like the wick bars because they will stay "tight" - I guess the word for it. As the wax cools the wicks will "move" off center but the wick bars keep them from moving when you pull your wick up tight and then slide it through the little slot.

I'm not certain this is so much a "centering" tool as it is a "keep it upright during pouring/cooling" tool.

Once I glue down my tabs in the center of the jar, I use potato chip clips to keep mine upright and tight for the pouring/cooling process.

I use the craft sticks but I rubber band two together and slide wick between. The cut out slits on the sides hold the stick in the mason jars and a mini clothespin keeps it tight. Cheap and perfect.

I'm with Sharon. It's simple and it works. 2 rubber bands, 2 sticks, no drill and they stay taut.

e

I use 2 or 4 kraft sticks and clamp them together with little paper clamps on either end with the wick sticking up between them. Kinda like the rubber band idea but, for me at least, less bothersome than messing with rubber bands.

So that the kraft sticks are sitting on top of the container/mold on edge rather than flat.

I have the plastic centering tools for my 8oz jars and tins, but for smaller jars/tins I use the sticks as well. I talked my husband into drilling some for me. I use a clothes pin to secure the extra wick length to the stick. I dont own a lot of the centering tools, so if I were to get a large order, I would use the sticks for my 8oz things as well.