Water Base Dye CP

ILVCANDLES

Where did you read that? Most of my soaps are made with liquid FD&C and D&C dyes, and they're water based. They can sometimes morph because of the pH of the soap, but as long as you know the morphing (like blue #1 turns purple in CP) you can easily work with it.

I read the post you told me to find. I don't know why she said that, unless she had misinterpreted something written somewhere else.

But some of the most popular soap colorants out there for CP Soap (Peacock, LabColor, Select Shades) are water based. Basically the D&C and FD&C colorants come in powdered form, and are then reconstituted with water to make them much more manageable to use. I buy my colorants powdered and mix my own, as opposed to paying for the water.

I'm including a link to some photos of various soaps I've made over the years with water based colorants. As you can see, water based colorants certainly can work VERY well in CP soaps. :thumbsup: It's a good thing, since they're my favorite type of soap colorant! LOL!

http://picasaweb.google.com/blsoaps/SheaButterSoapsFragranceOils

LOL! Thank you! I've been doing this a long time, and have really come a long way with my websites. I'm still doing all of it myself, including my photos. My webhost honestly has to take most of the credit for how the site looks overall. HCMPro. If you know PrairieAnnie on here, that's the company she and her husband Frank run. And they're amazing! But I host both my sites through them.