DoRight mold questions

jade

Why does soap in the DoRight mold take so long to harden? Does this happen to all recipes using this mold? Is the problem resolved if a water discount is done? Is this a problem for molds that are not wooden? I used the shortening & shea sudsy recipe, wrapped the mold in towels, & also let it set for 5 days but it was so soft & sticky - like playdough - when I finally got it out. Have used this recipe in a Misty Creek mold with no problems. Thanks for any answers as I'm trying to decide whether or not to keep this log mold.

These are the only molds I've used, and I haven't had a problem (yet). I've done that same recipe and was able to unmold the next a.m. Several times I used a pastry cutter to make sure that I'm not sticking, but I haven't left any logs in more than 12-15 hrs max.

Why does soap in the DoRight mold take so long to harden? Does this happen to all recipes using this mold? Is the problem resolved if a water discount is done? Is this a problem for molds that are not wooden? I used the shortening & shea sudsy recipe, wrapped the mold in towels, & also let it set for 5 days but it was so soft & sticky - like playdough - when I finally got it out. Have used this recipe in a Misty Creek mold with no problems. Thanks for any answers as I'm trying to decide whether or not to keep this log mold.

In my TOG Dual Log/Slab Mold, I can pour at medium trace, let come to full gel within 45 minutes, using the wood top, and remove the top after gel, and let cool and cut the soap in 7 to 8 hours after pouring every time! The wood helps hold heat much better than any plastic mold can, fact! The liners that come with the mold are very, very durable and I've been using mine for over a year now. Give it a try! I'll even take your plastic mold in on trade!

Paul....

I wish I could help you out but I ordered my mold from him over a month ago...must be going on two months now and I have yet to receive it in the mail!:angry2: There was some sort of mix up and he finally shipped it out on September 28....but I am still waiting on it.