First Craft Show of the season!

dcroome2005

:yay: :yay: :yay:

Well, in about an hour- I am off to my first craft show of the year. Mom and I went and set up last night.. It was the first time I set up the night before and I loved it.. Saved me from being there at 7 am.. Whew! It also gave me a chance to realize I needed 1 more riser and a few more baskets to bring this morning. I am so excited!!

The only bad thing is we are right next door to Chatty Cathy. She does Creative Memories and was setting up. She talks and talks and talks.. Oh, kinda like me, but when I go to these things- I am strictly business and just want to sell sell sell .. Well, I do sit and chat with my customers if they want. It's like- listen lady- shut up, don't you see I am trying to get my booth ready. LMFAO

I will chime in tonight and let you know how I do!

Christina

Good luck! I've been next to a few of those in my day, they tire out eventually. Let us know. My first show of the season is in two weeks and it's for the National Guard families in our area, I'm looking forward to that one.

I am back.. :yay: :yay: So I didn't come out rich but that is ok. My booth fee was $ 65 and I sold $ 212 worth of product. What is worth more than making anymore money was that I had 3 people return to the craft show that bought from me last year that came specifically to buy more from me this year. That meant a lot to me.

I added Rustic Pillars , Conditioner and lip balm this year.. Only sold 3 lip balms, 1 conditioner and 3 rustics but I have another show. I sold out of my cinnamon buns and sold about 10 -15 bars of soap and then everything else was tarts and votives. It was really really slow today. I am ok with it. It was experience. My next show is Nov 4th and that is my huge show from last year so I can't wait!!!

Overall I am happy with my results. Seems like I spent so much more time preparing and doing everything to make a lot more money, but... I am still happy! I have 4 names and #'s of people who want to do home shows as well so I get to call them this week!

Christina

Maybe the November show will do better since it'll be closer to crunch-time for gifts for Christmas. Sorry the rustics didn't do well for you. :angry2: Glad you are happy w/the results overall. :)

Tina - hun, I love your rustics and everyone LOVED them, just only 3 sold- all spiced cranberry too. :) I think I sold 5 votives the entire time. They all seemed to want the cinnamon buns. It wasn't just the rustics. I talked to other vendors and they all did lousy. It's the next show that love the pillars and the bath and body so I am not too worried! :yay:

Tina - hun, I love your rustics and everyone LOVED them, just only 3 sold- all spiced cranberry too. :) I think I sold 5 votives the entire time. They all seemed to want the cinnamon buns. It wasn't just the rustics. I talked to other vendors and they all did lousy. It's the next show that love the pillars and the bath and body so I am not too worried! :yay:

Well, it's nice to know that weren't just looking at them and going, well these sure do SUCK! lol. Yeah, hopefully next show you'll kick butt. Is Sharyl doing the next show w/you?

Christina, look at at this way. You made some money and you're in good shape for the next one. I'm in the same boat; new show tomorrow and one that does very well for me on the 3rd and 4th. The two day one is the only show that I get to set up the night before and that is awesome!

e

Well, it's nice to know that weren't just looking at them and going, well these sure do SUCK! lol. Yeah, hopefully next show you'll kick butt. Is Sharyl doing the next show w/you?

Yes.. Sharyl is doing the next one with me. I am actually seeing her tomorrow for lunch with my mother. I am giving her the YOU KNOW WHAT LOL :lipsrseal :lipsrseal hehehe. WE have to work around some stuff, but yes, she is coming and hanging out with me that day and going to make some $$$ as well.

Oh trust me- they loved them and asked me how I did them like that. I said, well you will have to ask my good friend Tina who makes them for me. LOL I gave you all the credit because you so deserve it!

Christina, look at at this way. You made some money and you're in good shape for the next one. I'm in the same boat; new show tomorrow and one that does very well for me on the 3rd and 4th. The two day one is the only show that I get to set up the night before and that is awesome!

e

Thanks E.. Yes, I definetly am in great shape for the next one. The only thing I need to replace are my cinnamon buns. Not bad :) Good luck on your shows and sell sell sell!

Christina

:yay: Congratulations on your success, Christina! Sounds like a good situation being able to set up the night before, etc. You're so lucky that your mother was able to come and help you with it. I'm sure you'll do even better on the next one!