The difference an inch can make

I posted in the past that I had problems wicking a 3.5 and 3.75 wide container using Glass Glow wax. In order to create a full melt pool I had to either double wick or use a very large size wick. The double wicking made my container too hot(IMO) and single wicks in very large sizes created a very tall flame that I didn't like either. I have been testing using a 2.5 container and the results are much better. Using an Eco 12 I got the following burn. Using a 14 may get the sides and I will test that later.

100_0818.jpg

I still find that the wicks burn wider in this wax. It burns further down before burning out so the flame can get tall very quickly. I am more comfortable with this size container results then the 3.75 one previously tested.

Don't forget to burn 'em all the way down, KM!

Palm wax is a strange beast - what appears underwicked at first, often turns out to be just perfect all the way down. Don't let the "tunnel" width fool ya! Palm wax burns so slowly that full melt pools are not achieved at the same rate as with other waxes. ;)