Whiter Soap?

ShoogieScents

I recently read about rice powder as a super gentle exfoliant and it stated that it leaves a bit of white on the skin if used at too high a percentage in a body powder. It sounds like something I would try if I was looking for super white. I found it at either The Sage or Forsoapmakers. I do beleive it specifically said it was good for CP. :confused:

And you should be able to find it at an asian store. I'm going to get me some today for a body powder and my m&p. I'll let ya know ;-)

I promised an update after my shopping today so here it is...

The Asian store did have Rice Flour. Now, is Rice Flour and Rice Powder the same thing? I can't guarantee it, lol, but I'm gonna say yes. They also had tapioca Starch for you B&B makers... CHEAP. (probably not processed exactly like the brand name starches but it's worth a try to me)

Technically Rice Powder and Rice Flour are the same thing. Both have been sold under both names. There are definitely different grades of the powder though. When used in a body powder, it needs to be a very very fine ground. If you rub a little between your fingers and it feels a little gritty, it won't work well for a body powder. If it feels silky smooth, then celebrate by making a body powder!